Episode 23: Round 3

We awoke to the new day. What I hoped would be a good one. I fully recovered from the poison and am stronger now. I looked over at Omega sleeping peacefully. I smiled jumped into the air and turned to Cyclone and looked around. So far, no distress. I sighed in relief and landed back down. I turned back and laid back next to her. This girl was the one for me, I just knew it. She was my mate for life and I would protect her fiercely. Omega eventually woke up and looked at me. I smiled at her and sat like that for awhile. I then rose up and fetched some berries for her to snack on. She took them. "You should be the one eating." She said. "I'm fine though." I said. She shook her head and came back with some berries for me. I ate them. "What should we do today?" Omega asked. "We could relax." I said. "That sounds good." She said and we swam by the waterfall. I figured one thing out. When I transformed I lost my shirt but Omega didn't lose any of her clothes. They were able to transform with her. It was interesting. "The others have a boat, so we can leave the island." I said to her. She looked down. "I don't know if I want to leave." She said. "I understand, this place is home to me." I said to her. "I'll follow you wherever you go." She said. "Don't do it because of me." I told her. "I ain't." She said. "Too bad our forms don't have their own bodies." I then said. "Yeah, that does suck." She said. "We don't mind that though." Scorn said. "Yeah, we are made for this." Frost said. We smiled and I went underwater all the way to the bottom. It was far down. Maybe about 15 feet. I then shot back up. 

Later in the day we were climbing tree to tree. All the way up until the bioluminescent paros and some gallys ran from the Scorpius. "No." I gritted my teeth. I wanted to jump down and tear his head off. That's when I remembered the quill that stabbed me was in my pocket. "I need a bow." I told her. Before long we had a handcrafted bow. We followed the demon past all the dinosaurs he murdered. I then put the quill in so I readied and fired in a swift motion. It went right through his scarred eye. He wasn't dead yet though. He did disappear though before I could kill him. "He won't forget that soon." Omega said. "I sure hope not." I said and we jumped down. I heard Darius and Ben arguing from far away. "I don't want to leave." Ben said. "Why? I was supposed to get us off the island, why don't you want to leave?" Darius asked but Ben walked away and one thing led to another and they were fighting. Darius threw one good punch. That was it. I pulled them apart. "If you two are done fighting like girls and almost killing yourselves then we can go look for Bumpy." I said referring to the cliff they almost fell off. They walked away and we made it to Bumpy being brought into a herd of other ankylos. Ben was at a loss for words. He didn't want to leave her but now she would be fine. She had a herd now. Then from out of the trees came the Scorpius with that quill in his eye. Me and Omega were about to transform but we didn't. Instead we watched the ankylos hold their own. The armor shielded them and they struck him back. "They really are tanks." I said. The Scorpius fled. We began to go back to the boat. 

"Darius, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to leave bumpy." Ben said. Darius hugged him. "I know." He said we continued on. "We are lost." Omega said. "Not for long." I said and turned to Cyclone and looked around. The dock was a  few hundred feet away. The Scorpius was coming for us though. I landed down and turned to Scorn. Omega took that as a cue to turn into Dawn. We roared as the beast came out. It roared and charged. We both bit an arm. We pulled but the Scorpius then headbutted us. It bit my snout making me roar. It darted to Darius and Ben but they ran and we pulled the demon back. It clawed the ground. I then turned back to myself and got on its head and struck the quill into the brain. Omega helped break off the neck and we ripped it off. I dropped the head down. I then turned back to Scorn and ripped off the tail and buried it. "We did it." I said and nuzzled Omega's snout. She nuzzled back and we walked to the docks. 

We stared at the docks. The boat had left. "They did what I told them to do." Darius said. We turned back. "Looks like we got the island to ourselves." She said to me. I smiled. Then I felt an uneasy feeling in the air. I felt a bad presence. As Darius and Ben thought of what to do about leaving, Darius left anyways, we turned back to the forest. "Guys, something doesn't feel right." I said. The demonic roar came out from the forest and we ran. "That's impossible." I said. "I think they can reproduce asexually." Darius said. "Only unicellular organisms can be asexual though." I told him. "Either its a more evolved version or it is mated with itself making copies of itself." Darius said. "Most likely." I said. We stopped as the Scorpius came from around a giant tree and roared at us. Then another roar called it. Two of them. They then broke into a fight as we scrambled away. "We have to kill them." I said. "We need a better way than you nearly dying again." Omega said. "Let's just run for now." Ben said and we did.