Chapter 2: Somewhere in the Night

Jamie headed home and went up to his office where he found Marsha waiting with a smile. She pulled him into a kiss before pulling away and saying "You didn't tell me you were on vacation for the next month, you jerk". Jamie smiled and said, "It's supposed to be a surprise because maybe I had a special place where I wanted to take you". Marsha giggled and whispered seductively into his ear "I just so happen to be free for the next two months so I wouldn't mind some extra special alone time with my husband...but surprise me". She kissed his cheek before saying, I'll be downstairs watching tv but I'm down to go anywhere you want". After she closed the door, Jamie began to sweat bullets as he realized that everything Ferguson said wasn't total bullshit.

He flipped through his brochures and managed to find one that was beautiful and not overbooked but unfortunately, the timeslot was only available for a few weeks from now. It was a beautiful tropical resort in the Caribbean called "Casa del Comforte". After booking the reservations, he still didn't feel like he had done enough for his clearly anxious wife and decided to plan something nice for right now. After remaining in his office for two more hours, he slipped out and into their bedroom to get dressed without alerting his wife. Afterward, he headed downstairs where she was watching tv, and handed her a fake rose before saying "Will you go on a date with me Mrs. Wilson?" Marsha giggled and said, "I appreciate the sentiment but you don't have to ask your wife...she'll go to the ends of the earth with you and only for you". 

Jamie blushed and said "T-thanks my love" as Marsha stood up, turned off the tv, and follow her husband. After getting into the car and pulling out of the driveway, Marsha already began to repetitively ask  Jamie where they were going but he wouldn't budge so she decided to just play on the phone until the got wherever he was taking her. After a total of 2 hours driving, Jamie pulled into what looked like a Carnival which already had Marsha rushing to hop out of the car like an excited child. She smiled and said "I've never been to one of these but I've heard all about them...this is gonna be super cool. Jamie smiled and said "I'm glad you approve but first things first...we're racing go-karts". She said "That's not romantic if we're competing against each other" and Jamie grinned mischievously and said, "Oh I know...this is payback for seducing me and then leaving me hanging, twice". 

Marsha grinned mischievously before turning away and saying, I don't recall doing that at all...you just seemed to have gotten the wrong idea". Jamie said "bullshit, I know you've been watching those overly sensual romance movies late at night. Marsha turned beet red, before saying "I'm sorry...if you want we can go back to the car, and I'll let you do the thing you wanted to do" and giggling afterward. Jamie said "No more movies for you" before he lead her to the line for the go-karts. However, due to the shortage of single karts, they opted for a couple's kart. As much as Jamie wanted to drive, he ended up letting his wife do it as this was her first time ever having real childhood fun. 

Surprisingly, Marsha did very well and enjoyed driving recklessly. Jamie had seen his wife smile and laugh but he'd never seen her so happy and full of life in this way before...she was without a care in the world and he loved it. After a second ride, they finally left the bumper cars and headed to the rollercoasters but stopped after the first one since Marsha felt sick. They sat for a while before heading to the game booths where Jamie won Marsha a pink unicorn plushie. After that, they rode the bumper cars, rode through the tunnel of love, played arcade games, mini golf, and finally finished their date on the Ferris wheel. As they watched the beautiful scenery, Marsha burrowed her head into her husband's chest as he stroked her hair gently.

She smiled and said, "I love you Jamie...today might've seemed normal to you but to me, it was the best day of my life and something I will never forget". He smiled and said, "There's never a normal day with you...even when the day consists of boring office work at home". She looked at him confused before he put his finger on her lips and said "Nothing about you is average, nothing about you is normal...I know you try to hide it when I'm near but I still notice". Marsha's eyed now darted back and forth rapidly before he cupped her cheek, forcing her to face him. He smiled lovingly at her and said "I love everything about you from the way you count the pieces of your food to the way you talk to your stuffed animals and dress them".

Marsha blushed beet red which made Jamie giggle before he finally pulled her into a kiss that lasted until the gasped for air. After pulling away, she rested her head on his chest once again, feeling warmer than ever until the ride ended and they disembarked and walked to the car whilst holding hands. After leaving the carnival Marsha began to yawn which prompted Jamie to say "I hope you're not tiring out yet, we still have dinner and a few more places to go". Marsha nodded and said in an embarrassed tone "W-we can go do more".