Chapter 20: All that remains

Marsha looks at the deceased corpse with confusion before she hears footsteps and looks up to see Harper. She smiles and says "She was a fool blinded by jealousy and hatred...I'm sorry I ever helped her...she was really the only friend I ever had...I only did this because I was trying to be a good friend and I failed to notice when my friend died and this monster came into being...I was scared to lose her but in a way, I lost her a long time ago". Harper dropped her gun and said," I'll save you the sap story so shoot me already, I'm just as guilty as her for helping". 

Marsha walks over to Harper and says "Seeing that you saved my life, I'm willing to forgive and forget for the sake of peace but if you ever wanna be my friend again well...that's a different story. Harper nods and together the two girls walk out of the hotel and are taken to the hospital where they are questioned and Victoria's death is marked as her being killed in the name of self-defense. Harper wasn't injured but Marsha was and thus she would have to stay overnight. Marsha smiled and said "Harper I think you should get going before the others come but when I get out of here and things settle down, I'm willing to talk things out. The girl nodded before walking over to Marsha, giving her a hug, and saying "Please be safe" and Marsha smiled and said, "Please don't die, there'll be plenty more friends just like her".

She nodded and said "I'll try" as she headed out of the room. A few minutes later, a disgruntled husband walked in glaring daggers at Marsha. She nervously smiled and said "He-hey" and Jamie said, "Don't you hey me... it's quite rude to drug your husband and then run off on a death-defying mission to kill your ex-best friends". Marsha sighed and said, "B-but you were out of it and I wanted to keep you safe". He walked over to her bed and leaned over and pulled her into a kiss. After pulling away, He smiled and said "I appreciate what you did and I understand you keeping me out of the loop on this one but please don't treat me like I'm helpless, I might have problems right now but I will still do the best I can for you...I don't wanna have to know what it feels like to lose you, either".

She smiled and said, "Okay, I will my love, but only if you promise me you will work with me to get better and tell me when you're feeling terrible". He smiled and said that can be arranged, but I do have one question?". She said "What's that?" and he said "Where exactly are we going to live? Our house is totaled and that hotel makes me feel like I'm in a horrible British movie". Marsha giggled and said" We'll have our house rebuilt almost exactly the way it was but until then we'll just live in the cottage I bought. "It's not a mansion per se but it's spacious, it has its own lake but it's on the opposite side of town in the hills on the outskirts as well". Jamie smiles and says" Ooh how fun but if you're being for real then all I can say is I'm not responsible for what happens while we're there...a lake house is romance 101". 

She looked at him confused, before blushing bright red and saying "A-absolutely not! M-my parents will be there!". "No we won't," said Marsha's father who was now walking into the room with her mother. He smiled and said, "Me and your mom are headed to Vegas to develop the land out there... don't worry it won't be anything Victorian style, it'll be sleek and modern". Her mother smiled and said, "Since it'll just be you two, there's no excuse...give us grandbabies!! Me and your father ain't getting older". Marsha blushed harder and shoved a pillow over her face". Mr. Blackwell walked over to Jamie and said, "You're a wonderful man, I'm proud of what you've done but do me a favor and listen to your wife...as annoying and goofy she can be, I can say she's strong and wise and you're gonna need her help...the only way you'll have smooth sailing is if you work together".

Jamie nodded and said "I was given a second chance to live and I don't plan on wasting it...now that this mess is over, a new life for me and her can begin I promise it's going to be different and more meaningful than just working all day. Her father smiled and said, "I believe it...you've never been a man who's broken his word...take care". Jamie nodded as the two walked out of the room, leaving the couple alone again. He walked over and took the pillow off of Marsha's face which was still bright red and said "I meant everything I just said," our new life starts as soon as you're out of here and things are going to change". He cupped her cheek and pulled her into a kiss and this time he didn't break away but instead, deepened it, gaining a few light moans from his wife". Finally, they pulled away for air and Marsha looked at him and said "I can't wait to see what you got in store for me". He smiled and said, "Oh you're gonna love it".