🪻Chapter 1🪻

🪻 = Revised Chapter
* * * = Point of View Switch
(Yes I'm back to revise my shit and finish this once and for all.)
_______________________________________

The wind howled as the trees swayed in the everlasting night. The moon, full and bright, shone down on the spruce forest. The air was cold, seeping through every crevice it could get ahold of.
You shivered as you tossed and turned in bed, not sure if the problem was your bundled up blankets or the screeching wind. Bitterness flooded your mind as you figured- no, knew your roommate was sleeping much better than you were.
With an exasperated sigh, you flung off your blankets and stood up in the dark room. Almost angrily, your hands tugged on the sheets one by one until each individual blanket was straight and untangled. You took a small breath of relief and laid back down, desperate to fall asleep given the time was about 11:00 p.m.
The dark room had one source of light, the window behind your bedframe. With what illumination it gave off, you outstretched your hand into the darkness to search the top of your nightstand. Within a few seconds you were able to grasp your glass of water, only to find out it was completely empty.
Groaning, you ripped off the blankets yet again and strode towards your bedroom door. Looks like you'll have to refill in the kitchen.
While walking down the hallway you noticed your roommate's bedroom door was wide open and pitch black. Oh, you had completely forgotten that they had an errand to run in a nearby village tonight. Making it to the kitchen, you clutched your empty bottle and scooped it in the cauldron to fill it with water. Before heading back to your room, you took a long swig and wiped your mouth, feeling content and satisfied.
The walk back to your room was uneventful, and you slipped into bed easily. Suddenly, the covers didn't feel compressing anymore and the air felt cooler. Sleep actually felt possible now. Closing your heavy eyelids, you drifted off deep into the darkness.

* * *

Purple eyes stared into a bedroom window from afar. They hadn't moved in ages, and the owner of them clearly ignored the amount of time that was spent looking. If we're being honest, he couldn't care less about his own wellbeing. It was you he was captivated by.
All alone in the house during a full moon, how bold. The surrounding forest held a surfeit of monsters, all lurking behind trees in hopes a new victim will naively prance by.
Not him, though. He was in the forest for a different reason. All he wanted was to watch you, that was it.
It was innocent really, no harm done. He's done it to hundreds of other mobs let alone people; however, he felt so strange doing it to you.
The first time he met you, it was during one of your expeditions to an ancient temple in the barren deserts. You rode dutifully on a sheek black horse, donned with a layer of iron. Sand kicked up behind the animal as it quickly approached the towering temple. Once arrived, he watched you slide off the back of your horse and tie it to a fence post on hand.
He was stunned to say the least. After all, he came to the desert to get away from people, as it was widely known that any desert was too inhabitable to even attempt to stay there. Yet there you were, braving the sand storms and ancient pyramids for no apparent reason.
It spiked his curiosity but he didn't dare get close. A bold adventurer such as yourself would surely kill a mob like him if ever thought to be in the way. So, from a few good meters back, and behind a tall cactus, he waited for you to return to your horse. Eventually you did, and you held a few new items in your hands.
The items didn't matter to him though, it was you that he wanted to stare at. When you got your horse ready to leave he had made up his mind by then. He'd follow you home and make sure you got there safely. It definitely wasn't an excuse for himself to see where you lived.
Shaking his head, he stopped thinking about the past. I mean yes, he made sure you got home safely- and maybe he did continue to watch you for months after. But this was all to make sure you were safe! He wouldn't have left his nice, solitude life in the desert for nothing- so he knew this wasn't weird at all. There was a reason for him doing this, which ultimately made him feel like less of the actual creep he was.

"Dude, what are you doing?" a voice came out of nowhere.

He jolted in place, swiftly turning around. Once seeing the small, green Creeper, he clamed down and scoffed, "None of your business. Why are you even out here? Isn't your place blocks away?"

The Creeper glared, "I'm out here to find you. And of course you're in the most predictable place ever. When will you stop watching that human? I know you're an Enderman and you're supposed to stare, but man... that is creepy dude."

The tall, dark monster squinted down at his friend harshly, "It's not creepy- I'm just... you know, I don't even have to tell you. Did Pigman send you or something?"

"Yea- you didn't show up for the Hoglin fight dude, it was sick."

Staring at the Creeper with disgust he grimaced, "Even if I remembered about that fight I wouldn't have came." Pausing for a moment to take a glance at the bedroom window, the Enderman thought, "Just give me a few minutes- I'll be there soon."

"Whatever- better hurry though." the Creeper replied.

The Enderman watched his friend saunter off into the woods, quickly turning back to you once more. He was afraid he had missed something, but it turned out you were still fast asleep. Sighing, he knew he had to leave soon, but he wanted to stay so badly.
Teleporting to outside your window, he glanced in the room at your clock. 12:13 a.m. He looked at your figure in the bed, soundly sleeping away the night as if he wasn't standing ten blocks away from you.
Staring hard at the clock again, he figured his friends could wait a little longer for him to show up. With unimaginable ignorance, the Enderman slipped through the walls of your bedroom and stood completely still. His heart beat rapidly as he was practically standing right next to you. He'd never been this close before. This was an entirely new experience- and he wanted more.

* * *

Shifting to get more comfortable, you rolled over and stretched. Habitually, you rubbed your eyes and slightly opened them; however, when a bright set of purple pupils looked straight at you, you jumped up in bed. A distorted squeal was heard which was followed by an ender pearl noise. Shrieking from surprise, you stumbled out of bed and grabbed at the lever on your wall. When the lights came on you searched the room breathlessly.

"F-fuck..." you stammered, your heart hammering in your chest.

An Enderman. An Enderman was in your house- no, your room. You thought back to when you stared directly in it's eyes- would it be angry at you? Is it angry now?
Shakily, you place your back against the wall and slid down to the floor, holding your legs tightly. You glanced outside and noticed that it wasn't raining. You couldn't even chalk up the event as an accident because the Enderman wanted to get out of the rain- that motherfucker just came into your house for fun.
With all your might, you hoped your roommate would come back soon. There was a lot to discuss.