🪻Chapter 4🪻

🪻 = Revised Chapter
* * * = Point of View Switch
_______________________________________

     With your stylish golden helmet and boots on, you, Ender, and Creeper walked through the dense spruce forest while nighttime rolled in. The setting sun made the sky a bright orange that spilt rays of light between the leaves and onto the ground. The darker it got, the closer the three of you huddled together.
It didn't take long to arrive at the mouth of the cave Creeper was looking for, and he promptly paused before entering.

"Now remember, human. This is a cave, one of the most popular places a mob can live. So just tone down your murderous habits and stick close to us. They won't even give you a second glance." Creeper said with a sneer.

Ender rolled his eyes and pushed past his friend while you followed close behind, glaring at the green monster.
The cave was nothing special. It spiraled down about 30 blocks with coal, iron, and copper plentifully filling the walls. You were beginning to question how much longer until Creeper stopped at a large gap. The space was so wide, so long, that you couldn't even see the other side of the ravine. Looking down, there were multiple different wooden structures and railings of what was meant to be a mineshaft. It was clear it had been abandoned for some time, possibly even decades. Beneath the various wooden bridges was a large pool of lava, and it was a wonder that the mineshaft didn't catch fire in past years.
You stepped back a few paces once done looking and accidentally bumped into Ender, who was making sure you wouldn't fall down.

"Sorry-" he spoke.

Giving a look, you brushed past him as you tried to catch up to Creeper.
As stone turned to wood, you and Ender trailed behind his friend. You had no idea how the mob knew where he was going, as you were most definitely lost. The lighting was horrendous, and you could barely see 10 blocks in front of you.
Flickering torches reminded you of the many lonely nights you spent cave spelunking for ores. It was mostly out of boredom, as your roommate was almost never home. A chill ran up your spine from a random breeze in the stale air and you rubbed your arms to warm them.

"Are we almost there? This place is so creepy..." you asked.

Ender was about to place a hand on your shoulder when you stared at him uneasily, instead he backed off, "Should just be a few more blocks- it's right around the corner."

     Nodding, you scooted closer to the Enderman, respecting his decision to not touch you. Just as he said, right around the bend was your destination. The three of you were small compared to the massive, looming Nether portal, which leaked purple tears from the crying obsidian placed around the frame. The portal seemed to scream in agony, beckoning you to join it.
     While extremely sketched out, you figured it was too late to back down now.
     Nobody made a move until Creeper stepped aside.

     "Go ahead all mighty monster slayer. We really need a tank like you in the front." Creeper said teasingly.

     "Creeper, enough." Ender spoke, agitated.

     You shook your head, "No way, I don't even know if it's safe or not. There could be anything on the other side."

     Creeper perked up, "Oh, you're scared?" he seemed to smile devilishly.

     Ender stepped closer to Creeper, "Creeper-" he stopped to take your hand in his, "It's safe, don't worry."

     Gently leading you through the portal, you closed your eyes shut and gathered enough strength to trust him. Creeper huffed and followed suit.
After the aching screams of the damned begging to be released finished up, Ender pulled you out of the portal. The first thing you felt was the immense heat, and stagnant air. It was hard to breathe, which was nothing abnormal for the Nether.
Creeper brushed past you and that's when you saw the ginormous bastion remnant only a few blocks ahead.