Chapter 7

It was about half of an hour when you guys came across a battered up nether fortress. It didn't look too damaged, so all of you figured that it would be stable enough to go inside. This was the only way to get across the boiling lava ocean unless you could fly, of course. You all filed in and came up to a huge room that had multiple hallways leading to another place.

"There are so many! How are we supposed to pick one?" asked Zombie.

Everyone glanced around at the many paths.

"Well, there are seven ways to go and seven of us, so we can just all pick a path. If your path leads to someplace rather than the other side of this lava ocean then come back here. Then whoever has the right path will come back and get us." you explained.

"Fair enou-
"I call dibs on middle!" yelled Pigman, interrupting Creeper.

Skelly rolled his eyes while you giggled. Endie gave glare in Pigman's direction, but he was long gone in his tunnel. You all split up in your different ways. Yours being the very left path, you started to walk. There was the average stuff you would find in the fortress. Fortunately, you found a chest which led you to excitement. You opened the chest to reveal a golden sword with a ton of cobwebs around it. Digging into the chest you felt something crawl up your arm and you screamed.

Almost immediately Endie teleported right next to you ready for action. You quickly swiped what seemed to be a small spider off your arm and squished it with your sword. Endie looked around to see nothing out of the ordinary and saw the mutilated spider corpse. He rolled his eyes and helped you up. Noticing you shivered, he picked up the chest and teleported away only to come back with nothing. I guess he got rid of the problem.

"Thanks Endie, hehe..."

"No problem. Also, my path broke off into the lava, so its not my way."

"Alright. Thats one path crossed off." you said hopefully.

You were just about to turn around and start walking when Endie stopped you.
He pointed behind you and it was a large drop off into the ocean of lava.

"And it looks like yours is the wrong way too." exclaimed Endie.

"...Thanks, I don't know how I didn't see that before..."

He nodded and held your hand as you both teleported back to the room with the start of all the paths. Not even 10 seconds later, Pigman was coming back out if his tunnel looking... off. He just gave a quick shake of his head as if to say "my path is wrong" and looked away.

"Whats up with you?"
You jumped given the fact that you didn't know Creeper was already back as well.

"What? Me? Nothing, nothing at all. I just noticed how... stupid this whole ordeal is. Like, why is this happening now?"

Creeper gave a weird look in Pigman's direction but said, "Ya, I understand. But we'll get through this, I know it." He spoke with a reassuring smile.

This little friendship moment was heart warming to you and you leaned back into Endie closing your eyes. Yes, you kinda hate this feeling in your stomach, but this moment was too sappy to not like it.

Five minutes later with everyone back except Zombie was the longest five minutes of your life. Skelly was starting to get worried that Zombie was lost, or that he could've gotten hurt. And after a rough two minutes of Pigman teasing Skelly about his "crush" on Zombie, the familiar lopsided steps approached the group.

"Zombie! Finally! Where were you? You took so long!" yelled Skelly.

"Uhh, you see... I may have seen a cute little magma cube along the way and stopped to see it..."

"You idiot! You had us worried!"

"Ya Zombie, your boyfriend was worried about you!" giggled Pigman with Skelly growling in response.

Zombie just tilted his head and said, "But ya, my path is the right way."

"Really, you just had to wait to tell us that?" asked Withered.

Zombie shrugged and everyone went into Zombie's hallway. When everyone was out they were greeted with multiple Ghasts. Many of them eyed you, but they saw Endie's glare and decided against attacking you right then. The whole time walking, Pigman was looking everywhere with a... was it a frightened face? Either way he was looking super shook, but you didn't want to ask in front of everyone.

You guys made it to fairly large patch of nether quartz and rested. Out of the many times you've heard stories of the Nether, you would've never guessed there were this many Zombie Pigman all in one place! There were about 20 or 25 of them in groups or just clustered together. Everyone was chatting nicely for what was happening, and everything seemed normal for once.

...Until you saw Pigman signing something to the other Zombies. You stared suspiciously at him while he didn't notice a single bit. Shaking your head you started eating some melon. You haven't eaten since breakfast you know. As soon as you were done eating you heard a loud THWACK. You quickly got up and pulled out your golden sword for defense. Right beside you was a knocked out Endie and some Zombie Pigman attacking your friends.

Startled, you looked at Pigman for help, but he was nowhere to be found. Just then you felt two arms wrap around you and you started wriggling violently. Breaking free you slashed whatever grabbed you and looked to see,

"Pigman?!"

He stared in response and lunged at you with full force. His arm knocked your sword out of your hand and you went to grab for it when Pigman caught it. You struggled as much as you could but it was no use. Pigman had you in a tight hold, and you saw your friends being knocked out and dragged away one by one. Fear was taking over your body as you shook. You didn't dare look at Pigman in fear of you wanting to rip out his eyes.

As you tried to break free once more you felt a sharp pain in the back of your head as your sight faded into darkness.