CHAPTER ONE: FRESH START

Nervous. Was an understatement. Excited. wasn't enough of a word. Scared. was cutting it short. Jennie was feeling every emotion she has ever felt while sitting on the airplane heading towards her dream.

Jennie Kim was leaving Korea, her home, for the first time ever. Ever since Jennie was a little girl, she had dreams bigger than herself and now she finally had the chance to pursue them. Even if it meant leaving everything she loved behind. It had always been just Jennie and her mom, the two were inseparable. It was a tough decision but Jennie knew this would make her happy and of course, her mom was always supportive.

Although, Jennie was leaving Korea, she still managed to bring a little piece of home with her. She decided to bring along her little companion, Kuma, to help her whenever she got homesick. This was the first time she has ever been on her own, she hoped having Kuma with her would make everything a little less scary.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching our destination, Los Angeles. Please gather your belongings, put on your seatbelts, and prepare for landing."
Jennie looked out her window towards the big city.
Los Angeles. Jennie was starting her new journey in LA. She is attending the American Musical and Dramatic Academy, AMDA for short. Jennie has always wanted to become an actress. She knew being in Hollywood and going to AMDA, she was going to be one step closer to achieving that goal. Jennie originally planned on starting in the fall but her audition went so well, they wanted her there as soon as possible and offered her admission for their summer courses. So here she was, in sunny Los Angeles, ready to start her journey.

Because everything happened so fast, Jennie had barely any time to figure out her living situation. Luckily, Jennie's mom had an old high school friend whose daughter was also attending that same school. They had an apartment right down the street from the school and had a room recently become available. Her mom was at ease knowing that her daughter would have at least one person that could potentially become her friend. Jennie immediately said yes to the room regardless of not knowing any of the details. She figured she can discover it all once she got there.

Jennie stepped off the airplane and breathed in that California air. She quickly gathered her luggage and headed towards the exit of LAX so she can order her uber. Luckily Jennie traveled light and only packed the essentials her and Kuma would need. With her suitcase in one hand and Kuma in his cage in the other, she excitedly headed towards her fresh start.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello everyone!! I hope there will be at least one person, that's not me, reading this story. This is my first ever story I have written, but I am a wattpad veteran.
Please go easy on me since it is my first one. I really hope you guys enjoy it!
Feel free to drop some story theories as we go, you might end up getting it right.
Happy Jenlisa day!

-C