Part 3

Through her thirteen-hour flight, Mikayla slept a good 7 hours and then enjoyed the flight amenities. First, she got into her pajamas designed by Jason Wu apparently— absolutely chic by the way. She then wandered to the world-famous emirates bar on the flight. It was her first time on an aircraft with one of them and she was dying to experience it.

No surprise, most passengers were decked in pajamas and lounged in the plush red and gold loungers. The ambient lighting was turned on just bright enough to be within safety standards yet give off a sexy glow.

The area was accessible to both business and first-class passengers. Not that she could distinguish who was who neither did she care. She ordered her favorite drink - the Bellini. Basically champagne with a fruit purée.

From across the cabin, unknowingly she caught the attention of Ryan James, a venture capitalist that was a part of the know-who community in New York.

"This was meant to be the trip where I got the chicks remember?" His best friend Dan laughed at the way he stopped talking mid-conversation.

Ryan ignored that comment "I know her. Not know her know her but I've seen her picture on a slide deck during a presentation for a funding opportunity for a tech startup. She's head of the tech division. She's got a great smile." As he said that he felt the same pull in his gut that was a mixture of admiration and serious attraction.

At 35, he became pretty selective on who he dated because he wanted someone that would match him. He was on a streak of women at the start of his career when he hadn't learned how to get ahold of his life. The influx of money blinded him and it took getting arrested for him to grow up. That stopped at 30 for some reason. It was as if the man in him decided work was the focus and life would take care of the rest.

"Oh, so she's one of those," Dan said grinning.

"Clarify what you mean by those because it sounds disrespectful and for some reason, it's bothering me." Ryan's sipped his whiskey at the same time noticing her move to a secluded two-seater chair in the corner. Which made him sit up straighter to see if anyone else was joining her.

"Easy tiger, I mean she's most likely the rare type that stays in her lane and is ambitious. The looks of how she's built, she's fit so that means you've deduced she spends time consistently with discipline training or playing a sport." in other words, she's your fucking dream Dan said pleased with himself.

With more than 20 years of friendship, Dan knew Ryan like the back of his hand. He was also a well-known therapist in LA that could easily ready people by observing their behaviors.

"Dude you don't know me." Ryan laughed.

It was crazy to think that he was seeing her here in person. He knew she was based in KL and interested him terribly what she was doing on a flight to Barcelona. "She wasn't on our first leg from Thailand was she?"

"Dude I don't think so? Sorry, I don't know who you've seen before." Dan laughed at what sounded like desperation to get more answers.

Mikayla was snuggled in her corner flipping through her book peacefully unaware of the conversation behind her.

She was ready to head back to her cabin and she grabbed her champagne glass and felt the slight effects of the alcohol. As she walked back, she took the time observing the room. Mostly businessmen and older couples. Then as she glanced at the last table, she tried really hard not to trip because she noticed Ryan.

Mikayla felt like she was staring. Hell, she wanted to just keep finding new features on that handsome face. The eye contact practically created sparks from across the cabin. He was mid-conversation with the other person with him and stopped as she was walking towards him and the exit.

Make or break it Mikayla. You're going to need to smile. Please smile.  For god's sake.

Her internal system was working in overload sending signals to her face to smile. Be confident.  She braced herself and hoped she gave a decent smile.

Ryan was absolutely pleased with that. It was not a declaration but it was acknowledgment he existed.

Just a fucking shame they were in a metal tube in the sky and she was gone to her seat.

The remainder of the flight came around quickly. She sat in her fabulous Q-suite and thought she had Top Gun playing in front of her, she found herself thinking about... him.

She hadn't seen a "man" like that in a long time. His skin was golden, making her think he was definitely mixed, because she heard his thick New York accent. His jaw line was crafted by the gods just like the rest of him. What she liked the most was he had a pleasant face, clear of any "mischief" most men had. The only way to describe his hair was that he had a forest of it -- but he had kept it neatly styled to the side but yet it had that bad boy ruffle to it.

"Yep.. just another guy I don't meet in a normal circumstance." she sighed. 

Ryan scooped up his belongings and headed out the aisle and caught a glimpse of the tall outline and dark hair that walked ahead.

He truly did not bother about Dan and wanted to satisfy his dying curiosity if she was traveling with a partner. Jealousy unknowingly seeped into his gut. 

She walked with confidence and a strong sense of purpose. The speed she was walking, and the fact she had earpods in, made it clear she traveled alone. Dan had caught up to him as they stood in line at the customs counter.

"Are you trying to be Joe Goldberg dude?" 

"I was just curious if..." he could not complete the sentence because he thought it was a very high school statement.

Dan smiled cheekily "If she traveled with a male companion?"

"You can fuck right off buddy." Ryan laughed.