Part 14

Ryan anxiously waited for her text the next morning. Will she or will she not show up?

An hour just before the scheduled time, his phone vibrated and her name flashed across the screen.

"Walking over soon. Meet me at the Pacha merch store?" 

"Be right there!"

He'd never adjusted his hair so many times in his life and before walking off the yacht his friends assured him they'd be on their best behaviour.

They could all tell last night when he had got back his friend was trying hard not to blow a fuse with how frustrating the situation was.

To meet your dream girl in person but have her freak out about who you are can cause a blow to the ego. 

"Thanks, guys, just be yourselves. I'm sure she will not mind." which he was certain of.

The port area was buzzing with people wandering around searching for restaurants to laze around at with a tall icy glass of sangria, some people searching for boutiques to shop at. 

It was not a secret people were also standing around the port area admiring all the vessels that were parked out on the water. 

Stares were directed at him as the crew helped him get off the boat, but he paid no attention and headed down to the merch store there were meeting at. 

As he approached, he saw Marcous and her chatting casually and she seemed to be in a good mood. Her posture relaxed, gorgeous smile flashing once it a while.

Man did his stomach flutter seeing it flash wide like that. Marcous caught him coming close and pointed him out to her and she turned in his direction.

She lifted the sunglasses that were covering her eyes and smiled at him tentatively.

Ryan did all he could not to run to her but he did the same and lifted his sunglasses to give her direct eye contact and smiled back.

"Hey guys, nice to see you both. Let me get that for you." he reached for her tote bag.

"I can head to the boat first, just point the way and give me the name." Marcous quickly mentioned, so she could have her talk with Ryan privately.

"Of course, it's the second at the end, and it's called The Voyager. They are expecting you and the guys have been making drinks. Make yourself comfortable." he said warmly.

Mickey really could not find a reason to hate the guy. Pure class through and through and it showed.

Cautiously she took Ryan's hand gently and laced hers through his. She felt him relax a little more which is what she wanted to convey. That it was Ok, and she wanted to try.

He gently squeezed hers in response and that also relaxed her. The pace they had back to the yacht which she was unaware of, was basically at a snail's pace.

"So.." she started.

"So." he waited for her to continue.

"I want to try." she smiled at him tentatively and a little shy.

"You want to try what exactly?" he teased her a little bit, wanting to hear it completely.

"I want to try kissing you all day and week and see where that takes us and where it goes. Holiday or not," she said sassily to match his tone. 

All he could do was laugh at that response, he asked for sassy and he got it. 

"You?" she said expectantly.

"I'd like to take you kiss you all day long and watch the sunsets even after this trip is over." he said with full honesty.

Both stood their ground staring at each other, resisting the urge to start kissing in the middle of the busy street. 

"Ok then." she smiled cheekily 

"Ok then." he gently took her hand and led the way to the yacht.

His heart began to pick up as they approached the grey vessel. Here he was feeling like a nervous boy again. The last thing, he wanted was for her to feel as if he were showing off.

Mickey noticed the wave of emotions flashing across his face and started to wonder what could have ruined the cheesy moment they just had.

It slowly dawned on her as she quickly realized they were reaching the end of the port and the vessels they were passing by got progressively massive and impressive.

As if sensing each other's thoughts, they stopped in their tracks and did the soul-staring thing they seemed to be doing.

"So I have to be completely honest with you. That's my vessel." Mickey noticed he seemed to be battling being embarrassed and worried by her reaction.

It seemed larger than life for sure, she had been admiring it from her balcony ever since she got here. At that moment Ryan himself did seem larger than life to her. But all she saw was a man hoping he's not scared of a woman.

Mickey smiled and touched his face gently "You should be so proud, it's beautiful." and when she saw relief wash over him, she added "Time to satisfy my curiosity. What color is that interior?"

That immediately got him to laugh and start walking again. "Something tells me you're going to like it."