Part 9

Ibiza was everything and more than she had ever imagined. The electric feeling pulsated through the boarding gate itself. Seeing the display screen with the flight number and destination gave her goosebumps. 

The arrival hall at Ibiza itself was energetic, with groups of friends buzzing with energy. They picked up their bags and bolted to their penthouse in the middle of the old town.

Perfectly located, with cafes all around them, and the old castle on the hill behind them watching over everything. She already knew her morning runs were going to be spectacular. 

The penthouse had sprawling views of the marina which had the summer yachts docked next to each other.

"Never actually seen a silent dick-measuring contest before." Marcous laughed looking at the different sizes of yachts there were.

"The big boys are out I guess," Mickey added.

They popped their champagne and enjoyed the balcony that wrapped around the place and felt content unlike any other. 

As Marcous left to gather light groceries, her phone rang and as the name flashed on the screen, she felt shocked, nervous, and like she wanted to puke at the same time.

Ryan was calling her. She hadn't heard from him since he said he had left Barcelona, so she didn't want to be pushy and provide every step of the way. He was on a boys' trip after all. She would never put herself forcefully in the middle of that.

Friend time was sacred. 

"Hello?" she said a little unsure what would unfold, but feeling excitement she hadn't felt in a while. 

"Hey, Mickayla it's Ryan. I hope it's alright I called." Ryan's heart pounded through his chest.

He was not sure what overcame him, but he went with calling her to just set a plan. Whether she wanted to join in or not.

"It's really nice to hear from you. You get in alright?" she said smiling.

"Yeah, it was a smooth flight and everything's is sorted with accommodation. So, I know you've got plans at Hi tonight. Watching a Tale of Us. I'll be there as well, and if you think you'd like a spot to take a breather, and just hang out, I've got your name down with me. Marcous as well of course."

Mickey was pretty sure that she had a shit-eating grin on her face at this point. Her heart was racing, at the fact that a male specimen was showing interest in her. "I appreciate that Ryan. I'll text you when we're there."

"Great. I think I should also add something else," he said deeply, his voice changing.

"Yea?" she said softly.

"I've been dying to see you again since I left." Ryan himself was shocked when those words left his mouth. But it was the truth. 

He missed staring into her doe eyes as they had an intense conversation. The way she leaned into her right palm as her hand held her chin up. Eyebrows slightly crunched up, just clearly showing she was engaged with whatever he was saying. 

"I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way." at that point, Mickey was in the most twisted pretzel position on the lounge chair, with how she was feeling from the conversation.

Like a straight high school girl talking to her crush. Except she was 30 and single the last... long time. Just really long.

All Ryan could do was react with a deep appreciative sigh.

"Where are you staying by the way?" he said clearing his throat in an effort to clear some images that were in his mind. 

"In the old town, just behind the Pacha store," she said vaguely.