15

┏━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓

┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

"Oh, boy, it's cold" Y/n said with a shudder, rubbing her arms with her hands. "I miss the warm weather" Yui said with a frown, he too shuttering and jittering his teeth.

"Are you and the water pillar still a thing?" Yui asked, stopping to look at Y/n. "A thing? Tomioka and I are just friends" Y/n answered, she too stopping and staring at him.

"You two are still friends?" He asked, "We are, why?" Y/n asked. Yui began walking again, Y/n behind him. "You haven't been bringing him up much" Yui stated.

"What do you mean?" Y/n questioned. "Before, when  you would visit you would go on and on about him or in your letters a lot of what you write related to him and..."

"You asked me to accompany you on this mission instead of him" Yui explained.

"Him and I haven't been seeing eachother as much, and he's been really busy with mission's lately so I want him to spend his free time resting, I don't want to be the reason he's too tired during battle" Y/n said, looking down, kicking the snowy ground.

Yui let out a hum, not giving her a word response as he stared down at the ground, leaving the two in quietness.

"Achoo!" Y/n sneezed, she sniffled. "You're getting sick, we should take a pause somewhere warm" Yui said, worried.

"I'm alright, there's a demon on the prowl I can't let the flu get in my way" Y/n said, her voice sounding strained. "Y/n, it'd be worse if you were sick during a battle."

"Tom... Tomioka?" Y/n questioned, feeling him place his haori onto her shoulders and recognizing his voice.

"What're you doing here?" Y/n asked, glancing at the male walking next to her. "I was sent here by the master, he said you were sick the last time you spoke in person with him" Tomioka said in response.

"It's okay really, I can handle this by myself and I have Yui to accompany me, you should go and rest up" Y/n ushered. "I don't need to rest, my region grew smaller now that we have a new hashira" Tomioka said.

"Kanae, right, she processed so quickly in the last six months, I'm super proud of her" Y/n said with a smile.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

"Oh, boy" Y/n said, moving her arm in a circle. "What is it?" Tomioka asked, "I feel weak in the bones"Y/n said with a laugh her voice sounding thin.