20.

"Oh, Y/n!," Y/n turned her head slowly, spotting the flower pillar, Kanae Kocho waving to her and giving her a sluggish smile

"Oh, Y/n!," Y/n turned her head slowly, spotting the flower pillar, Kanae Kocho waving to her and giving her a sluggish smile. "Kanae?" Y/n questioned, staring at the girls tired-some appearance.

"What're you doing over here?" Y/n questioned, wondering why Kanae had been in her and Giyu's region. "I'm buying herbs and medicine for the butterfly estate" Kanae answered, showing her the bag of goods she had.

"Tomioka isn't with you?" Kanae questioned, her gaze scanning the area around them. "No, I left him at my estate, he's all hungover" Y/n answered with an awkward chuckle. "You too seen sluggish you should get some rest, Y'know" Y/n said as she and Kanae began walking side by side through the town they were in.

"I'm going to head home soon... I have such a bad headache" Kanae groaned, "I bet, you really did drink a lot, you surprised Tengen and I" Y/n said.

"Shinobu might yell at me for being immature when I come home smelling like alcohol" Kanae chuckled. "Your little sister has a sharp tongue" Y/n said sticking her tongue out.
"I wish she'd smile more, she has such a pretty smile" Kanae said. "Well, that's something I haven't seen" Y/n relied.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

'I wonder if he is still sleeping' I thought, the feeling of annoyance lingering behind my thoughts. "That damm slacker better not be sleeping still" I muttered, gritting my teeth together as I walked through the hall of my estate.

"Hey Giyu, you up?" Y/n says aloud as she walked into her bedroom, placing down her weapon and resting it against the wall. Tomioka let out a groan from under the covers of her futon as he pulled the blanket up more over his head.

"You still tired?" Y/n asked, tapping his back from over the blanket, "You wanna sleep some more?" Y/n asked. "Yeah" Tomioka said sluggishly.

"Awe... Get up! You've been sleeping all day and night!" Y/n yelled as she ripped and tossed the blanket away from him. "Go do something, I've been patrolling all night long while you've been sound asleep in my bed" Y/n bickered as she ushered him out of the room.

She closed the door behind him, leaving herself along in her room. She let out a sluggish sigh, "I'm so tired" she yawned as she drug herself to her bed before plopping herself down and snuggling into her covers.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

Y/n let out a groan as her eyes slowly bat open, she looked to the side seeing the orange sky peer into her window. She let out a yawn and sat up and once again stretching once more before getting out of her bed.

She left her room and walked down the halls of her estate, leading into the kitchen she saw Tomioka. "Hello" he greeted her, she stared at him with her cheeks puffing as she held back a laugh.

"What a pretty house husband you'd be" she snickered, he made a dumbfounded expression as he looked down at her pink and floral apron he was wearing. He ignored her comment and turned to face the stove, turning his back to her.

"What're you making?" She asked leaning onto his back and peering over his shoulder, resting her chin on his shoulder.
"You better not of used all my seasonings" she bickered looking at the boiling stew.

"Seasoning?" He questioned as he looked up to the ceiling making an odd expression. Y/n gave him a side glance before she moved off his shoulder. "How're you feeling, still hungover?" She asked, "Or did sleeping in my bed all night and day make you feel better?" She groaned.

"I'm feeling okay" he told her, "you can stay in tonight, I'll watch our region alone tonight" he added on, feeling bad for sleeping through the night.

"Hm? It's okay, I'll come out too" Y/n said as she rested her elbow and her chin on her palm on the kitchen counter beside him.
"It'll be night soon" she groaned as she glanced back at the dimming sky through the engawa.

The two stood in silence, Y/n stared at him as he mixed the stew around, she felt her cheeks go warm as she remembered how Tomioka had acted in his drunken state. Her face growing more warm as she recalled the kiss he placed onto her shoulder and his sudden proposal.

"What" he said, staring at her. "Your face is red, the stove is hot back away" he said. She put her hands up as she backed away, "go wash up, the food will be done soon" Tomioka said with his back facing her.

"Whatever the wife says" she snickered before leaving the kitchen.
'What an idiot' she thought as she closed the bathroom door, her cheeks still flushed red.

𝚨𝐦𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐚, 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝚮𝐞𝐫 𝚴𝛐𝐭𝐞𝐛𝛐𝛐𝐤On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara