Chapter 1 - Young Hearts

Lexi's POV

Everything was perfect. 

I was finally married to my beautiful Noelle, at the young age of 21. Noelle was a year older than me, but that didn't matter. We were in love, and that was all that mattered. We have known each other since we were teenagers, and we first met at prom which was a small coincidence because at prom, someone always find love. Some don't and that was their choice. We had our first kiss at a wishing fountain, but we never had the courage to go further. 

But, that night, everything changed within an instant. So instant, that I couldn't remember it all.

Moving to the present day, I was waiting for her to come home. 

It had been a couple of days since I last saw her. I was sat in our small living room, looking out the window to hopefully see some hope. I tried calling the police, but it didn't work. The connection went funny ever since that crazy episode of 'chaotic hell' with the vampires. But, that was a few years ago and every human was getting along with them. For the those who didn't enjoy the idea of them joining our world, they simply perished from blood loss. There were a few rules in place now too. No violence. One big happy family...

"She's not coming back." I told myself out loud, before I closed all of the curtains around the house and pretty much called it a day even though it just begun. 

I had a feeling that Noelle was still out there, but what if she used some type of violence and got herself killed? Don't think about that, Lexi. 

The reason why I closed all of the curtains was to let the vampires know that I didn't want to play their games. 

I sighed deeply, grabbing a drink of orange juice from the fridge and sipped on it until I suddenly heard something upstairs. It sounded like a thud...

I went upstairs with my orange juice in hand, heading towards to where I heard the sound which came from our bedroom. "Hello?" I called out, "Who's in there?" I then asked to get confirmation that I was crazy. "It's good to hear your voice, baby. I missed you..." I heard Noelle reply. Hold on a second. Noelle? 

I placed my hand on the door handle, pushing it down and slowly opened the door a little bit to get a view of Noelle... 

Immediately, I closed the door again and locked it, using the key that was already in the door lock. 

I caught a glimpse of her eyes. 

They were a dark shade of red. A dark shade of red meant, 'time to bite my wife a lot' mode.