do you ever choke?

Tuesday morning kept Roseanne so busy that her only time to think about a certain artist and sort of miss her, was in her car while looking out the window, watching people move through their daily lives. She wondered what Lisa could be doing right that minute while she was on her way to her third dress-fitting, and it was not even twelve noon.

The morning after their rendezvous, she did not have time to sit with her feelings. Not having that kind of connection before made her want to think about what was happening to her, why, and how it made her feel.

Over the weekend, Irene and Ashley kept FaceTiming her that she had to set her phone to do not disturb, avoid their invites for coffee, change her pilates schedule at the last minute, and purposely cancel their regular spa night.

Hyeri had no idea what happened, but she surely caught Roseanne zoning out while smiling, smiling over a text message, and more smiling when the model asked her to buy makchang from a certain pojangmacha. She told the supermodel that whatever drugs she was on, she was still not having it because Roseanne smiling too much might just be a foreshadowing of something worse later.

That morning, Roseanne knew she could not avoid her two friends anymore.

Besides, she had prizes to claim.

"And she finally appears!" Wearing a black, casual slip dress made from organic cotton, Irene announced Roseanne's arrival, accompanied by a slow clap, in the drawing room of what the three supermodels call 'The Wardrobe.'

Roseanne rolled her eyes beneath her rectangle-frame sunglasses. She removed her brown leather coat and hung it on the rack before joining Irene and Ashley by the electric fireplace. Beneath the coat, she wore a body-hugging turtleneck sweater in black and high-rise straight-leg jeans.

The Wardrobe was their group's headquarters located in a private villa in Seoul. Its interiors were heavily inspired by mid-century modern design, with authentic Scandinavian decors, minimalist florals on the curtains, and mid-century art hanging against the white walls, like the three-piece set of framed bold gestural brush strokes in red, blue, and yellow.

The paintings grabbed Roseanne's attention the moment she plopped herself down on the sofa, facing the two supermodels sitting on the armchairs as if they planned all along to put the blonde in the hot seat. A staff served her carrot juice, and she almost inspected it for any undissolved tiny particles. Was that how one misses another?

In a light brown tank top and white pants, Ashley looked up from the magazine she was flipping. "Are you going to tell us now where you ran off to that night?"

Roseanne pushed the bridge of her sunglasses up. "Just went out for a walk, you know, find solace in the autumn breeze."

"Yeah, right." Ashley went back to flipping the magazine.

Always not having it vaguely, Irene sipped from the metal straw of her carrot juice and remarked, "You went after MLA—"

"She has a name. And it's Lisa," cut Roseanne.

Closing the magazine loudly and then throwing it on the table, Ashley smirked. "Now we're talking."

Irene chimed in. "At some point, you got tired of all the walking, and I bet you and Lisa were knocking boots."

"Speaking of bets, I'm here to claim my prize." Roseanne stretched out her arms, palms opened.

"Wait, so, did you?" Ashley knitted her brows.