underlying stories untold, unvisited, untouched

A/N: I initially did not intend to reveal the conversation between Wendy and the mysterious person over the other line but THAT character has been nagging me to give her a voice already so...

********************

A man in his thirties, wearing an all-black ensemble sat on the stairs outside Seoul Train Station, blending in the night. He pulled the hood of his sweater back and then pressed his black cap firmer in his head while he looked around. He touched the top part of his black mask to check if it was still in place. Flipping his head behind him, he made sure the coast was clear before he pulled his Nikon Z 7 II camera from his sling bag.

With pursed lips, he browsed the photos and videos he had taken of Roseanne and Lisa that night. He clicked his tongue at the few good photos he got, already expecting dissatisfaction and criticism from his boss. But he would argue that he still captured their moments when nobody did. Despite the broken lens and gashed aperture since Paris.

His boss, or anyone else for that matter, did not need to acquiesce but for him, the effects gave the photos more profundity and offered a different perspective on Roseanne and Lisa's secret love story—

the supermodel cleaning up the paint marks left on the artist's cheek,

their intimate moment on the balcony,

Roseanne driving away from Lisa's studio seemingly outraged,

them leaving Jisoo's private party with upset airs,

Roseanne's eyebrows creased with worry, her mouth talked angrily,

Lisa's face expressed agony, she talked back impatiently,

and somehow after the train ride that night, they fell back into each other's arms,

more in love than before

—which seemed ordinary unless people saw what he saw and heard what he heard. The moments before and after those snapshots. The sounds of their laughter and teardrop. He was perhaps the only, real witness to their first kiss in CU, their first touching of hands in a pojangmacha, and all other intimacies from eye contact, playful teasing, witty banter, and tearful dialogue.

His phone beeped, stealing his attention.

Kyungsoo, text me your location.

outside seoul train station

Why there?

was picking up trash – He did pick up the canvas Lisa threw in the bin somewhere when they transferred from Line 4 to 3.

WTH. I'm coming.

Wendy-fucking-Son would meet him in twenty minutes to check those photos to be published by Dispatch the next day. He lit a cigarette and coughed at it because he only did it whenever he was meeting Wendy as if smelling of tobacco like her would make him as intimidating, or at least treated as important, sharing her bad habit.

***