safety catch

A/N: I love eggs, yep. Pre-FINALE Born Pink concert update!

**********

The next day, Roseanne set her alarm two hours earlier to prepare breakfast for Lisa. She made egg sandwiches and sriracha from scratch to copy EGGDROP's recipe and impress her love. She was setting the table when she heard Lisa come down.

"You're making me yours for life." Lisa showered Roseanne with smooches while hugging the supermodel from behind.

"You better be."

"Aren't you the best girlfriend?"

Roseanne giggled at Lisa's breath tickling her ear. "Nah, I'm still getting the hang of this."

"Of what?"

"Girlfriend things."

"Oh, you're a natural. Still waiting for that bento, though," Lisa whispered the demand in Roseanne's ear.

Tickled by the breath, Roseanne raised her shoulder instinctively and turned to face Lisa, wrapping her arms around Lisa's neck. "You're supposed to be the one cooking."

Eyebrows slanting, Lisa spoke dejectedly, "Are you saying you won't make me a bento anymore?"

Roseanne pinched Lisa's cheek. "How can I say no to that annoyingly cute face?"

"Careful with it!" Lisa grimaced.

"Shit! Sorry!"

BUUUUUUZZZZZZZZ!!! BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZZZZZZ!

"Are you expecting anyone? Is that Hyeri, and impatient at that?" Lisa untangled herself from Roseanne and made a move for the door when Roseanne stopped her by the arm.

"I'll get it. That's Irene."

"How did you know?" Lisa walked toward the video intercom to check. She would not have recognized the visitor who was wearing sunglasses and a wide-brim black hat if not for her white skin and wry facial expression.

"We have coded buzz," explained Roseanne, already unlocking the door. Upon seeing Irene in a black trench coat, velvet boots, and gloves, she put a hand over her chest. "Whoa! Where's the funeral?"

Irene was unsmiling. "Still planning it."

"Who died?" Roseanne asked scornfully, sensing it was one of Irene's gags.

"I might." Irene walked past Roseanne, taking off her coat and placing it on the rack. She headed straight to the dining table and pulled a large, brown envelope from her Prada Saffiano leather briefcase.

Wild-eyed, Roseanne put a hand at the side of her neck, gathering enthusiasm for Irene's theatrics that she normally would not give full attention to that early in the morning. "It's 7 a.m. I have a packed day so please don't start."

Irene removed her sunglasses and folded them on the surplice neckline of her dress, giving Roseanne a hostile look. Roseanne squinted her eyes right back at her.

Standing at the other end of the dining table, Lisa waved a hand at the visitor. "Irene, hi. Uh, would you like a sandwich? Coffee? Tea?"

Irene wrinkled her nose. "That can't be my last meal. I need something stronger than that."