Chapter 2: Too hot

Author's note: Next chapter is when shit hits the fan. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On the showgrounds, the crew was miserable. The heat had caused them to stop construction early.

"Even when wearing a different shirt, I still feel hot." Meggy said fanning herself. The shirt in question was the one she bought on Port Aurora.

Jub-Jub sat on the Rv stairs away from the sun's heat, while Melony, Meggy, Mario, and Smg3 sat on the picnic blanket, and while Slg4 sat in a camping chair.

After his surgery, L couldn't walk normally as his side kept him from doing anything. To combat this, he was given a walking cane. Whether it is permanent or not, he doesn't really care.

As he told Three in the past, "I'd just wish it stopped hurting when I laugh."

Three got up and headed to the construction site, where Four was still working.

"Oi, idiot! Get down from there! You're going to getting yourself hurt if you stay up there by yourself!" Three yelled up to Four, who was still up on the scaffolding.

"No can do!" Four said. He had rolled up his sleeves, from the heat. "I'm almost done with this section and then I- woah!"

As Four was talking, he suddenly lost balance and fell. Three ran up and caught the meme man in his arms. Four's cheeks turned pink.

"Uh," Four's brain froze for a second. "I guess you can say... I really fell for you." He flirted to his boyfriend.

Three rolled his eyes and let out a huff, his face also blushing. Mario let out a "Ha, gay!". Before being quickly punched in the gut by Meggy.

A pipe rosed up from the ground and out came Belle, Wimpu, Rob, Wegee, and Minion, along with the bird still sleeping on her head.

"Yo! What's up?" Belle asked. "We got the ice." She held a cooler. "And we got something else." She pointed over to Minion who was carrying a box containing something.

Mario let out a gasp, sparkles in his eyes. "Minion!" The plumber ran over to pick and hugged her, startling the poor girl and waking up the bird in the process.

"Woah!" Minion let out as she was spun around into a hug. "Hello to you too, Mario." She giggled. The bird that was resting on top of her head had another reaction to the plumber.

The bird let out an angry squawk and began attacking Mario.

"Mama Mia!" Was the only thing he could say.

"Birdy, no! We don't attack random people!" Minion tried to get her pet bird to calm down.

The meme guardians ignored Mario for the moment. Four couldn't help but be surprised to see his clone again. "Where did you guys even find her?"

"Apparently, she and Wegee are roommates." Wimpu said before looking over to Mario, who was still being attacked by Minion's pet bird. "Uh, don't you think we should help out?"

Minion finally grabbed the angry bird off of poor Mario. "How many times I told you, do not attack people!?" She scolded at the bird.

The bird huffed out his chest and let out one last angry squawk.

Minion sighed. "Sorry about that, you okay dude?" She turned to face Mario, who was covered in scratches and feathers.

Mario gave a thumbs up "Mario's feeling okie-dokie." Then he fell over.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The crew had gotten the pool that Minion brought all set up. Jub-Jub was swimming around in it, meanwhile Mario was face first to the water.

"Thanks for bringing the ice and the pool was a good idea too." Slg4 said.

Belle shrugged. "It's no big deal. Beside the pool was her idea." She pointed to Minion.

Minion was giving a piece of her sandwich to Birdy. "Huh? Oh, I mean was just doing my job." Birdy flew up to the top of Minion's head and laid down to rest.

"When and Where did you become a bird owner?" Four asked her.

"Oh, that's easy." Minion gently petted the bird on top of head. "After the world almost ended last year, I found him by the park that's near the edge of the city." Her smiled dropped. "He was pretty beat up when I found him."

Meggy being a pet owner herself, felt bad for the bird. "Who would leave a poor guy like him in a condition like that?"

Minion sadly shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine. It took some time, but he's really warmed up to me, Wegee, and my boss, Mr. Enzo."

"Took time to warm up to people. Hm, why was does that remind me of someone?" Meggy playfully nudged Three's shoulder.

"Oi! Shut up!" Three's face was completely red. Everyone laughed at Three's tsundere behavior.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the Koopa Kingdom. The mysterious woman looked over the castle where Bowser resides. She had a wicked grin on her face.

"Yes..." She giggled to herself. "This place will do nicely."