Chapter 15: Home

Author's note: Hey, I hope you still have your theory boards.

---------------------------------------------------------------

'Birdy' landed on the ground, although he wobbled a bit, not used to standing on human legs again. He looked at the sorceress with a cold look in his eyes.

The sorceress gulped, she grabbed a part of the nightmare stone and ran away, shifting into a shadowy form.

Four's body gently floated back down onto the table. The rest of the gang followed suit.

"Mama Mia. Mario's back hurts." The plumber said, looking very tired.

Minion walked up to the man that once was Birdy. "So, you're not a real bird?" She asked sadly.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "No, sorry." Minion pouted even more. "But hey! It's not your fault. I was the one who couldn't speak, not you."

"What are you going to do now?" Melony asked. Out of all of the members here, she could understand his situation the most, being a normal watermelon up until the deity mask.

'Birdy' looked up at the sky, the stars shining bright. "Honestly, I want to explore the world. Maybe I'll find some answers. I don't even remember how I turned into a bird in the first place."

"Will I ever see you again?" Minion asked. Would he even want to see a person who kept him as a pet?

"Maybe someday." He replied. He plucked a stray feather from his back and gave it to her. "A little gift before I go." He turned to face the sky, and he was off. He looked back to see Minion waving goodbye along with the melon girl, and Enzo, who was more off in the corner but still saying goodbye regardless.

Peach realized something. "Where on earth are we going to stay. We can't go back into that demon pit." She complained to Toad.

Bowser shyly walked up. "You could stay with me."

Peach narrowed her eyes. "No. No, I don't think I will."

Bob popped out of nowhere. "YoU CoUlD StAy At My HoTeL! I PrOmIsE It'Ll bE ThE BeSt StAy 0f YoUr LiFe. minus the murders."

Peach deadpanned and turned to face the koopa king. "Alright we'll stay. Just don't try anything."

Bowser gasped and started celebrating. "Booiii!" The koopa began to dance.

Suddenly, Three woke up with a start. "Four!" Three looked around to see Four's body on a table. Just like-

Three bolted to his boyfriend. Along with both of their closest friends.

Four was still asleep on the table. "Oh! Maybe the only way to wake him up is a true loves kiss." Mario suggested.

Three's face became flushed. "What- no! I'm not going to kiss him without his consent!"

Enzo piped up from the back. "Wait, hold on! Those two are dating!?"

X nodded. "Yeah, Four announced it on his Twitter. I keep forgetting you don't have one."

Enzo rolled his eyes. "That place is a dumpster fire, and it always will be. I surprised it hasn't sunk yet."

X crossed his arms. "True, it's close though. You don't need to see into the future to know that."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Four opened his eyes. He could hear Three and Mario arguing over something.

"What are you guys fighting over this time?" Four asked, his voice hoarse. Probably from screaming earlier.

"Four!" Three picked up and Four a spun him around. "You can be such a dumbass."

Four gently poked Three's cheek. "But I'm your dumbass." Four giggled, Three's cheeks turned pink.

Mario being Mario decided too butt in. "Hey! You two should kiss!"

Minion walked up to Enzo. He was looking at the couple proudly, he looked like he was about to cry.

"Mr. Enzo?" He turned his head to face Minion. "What made you decide to come up here?"

Enzo looked back to Three and Four. "Let's just say... Smg3 and I had a lot more in common than I first thought." And with that, Enzo ruffled Minion's hair and headed home.

Minion watched her father figure leave, with only one question on her mind.

'What was Three dreaming about?'

------------------------------------------------------

Three kicked open the Rv door. Four was being carried by him, bridal style.

"Finally, I thought I would never be happy to be back here." Four said. Three laid him down on the bed, which was left down by Four.

"Yeah, me too." Three laid down beside him. Not letting go. All of a sudden Three let out a sob. "You scared me. I thought I lost you. I-I thought they got to you."

"Three..." Four pulled Three in closer. He wiped away the tears running down his boyfriend's face. "It's okay. I'm here." Three nuzzled into Four's touch.

They stayed like that for the rest of the night, even falling asleep. Being next Three made Four feel right at home.