Chapter 10: The story of Mage

Author's note: We interrupt your daily dose of angst with LORE!!!

Enjoy. ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four felt his vision come back to him, except that was strange. Why could he see he own body?

"What the hell?" Four asked himself. He walked up to it, only to bump into a wall. "Fuck!"

"Yeah, you're not getting back into your body any time soon." An all too infamous voice said behind him.

Four turned around to see the ghostly figure of Niles in front of him. "You!" Four growled. "Are you here to take your revenge? Again!?"

Niles rolled his eyes and put his hands into his pockets. "No, I'm only here to find Fred. It seems like I got a bit more than I bargained for though."

Four didn't believe him. The last time he saw Niles he forcefully fused himself with the real Smg0. Realization suddenly hit the meme man. 'Wait if I can see him does that mean...'

"Oh my God I'm dead!!!" Four fell to the ground.

Niles rolled his eyes. "You're not dead. Meme guardians can't die as long as their avatar is still alive." He said with an annoyed tone in his voice. "She just ripped your soul out of body so she could summon 'the great divine one' whoever the fuck that's supposed to be."

Four looked up back at Niles. He narrowed his eyes at him. "How do you know all this?"

"Argh! I told you before, I got stuck here trying to find Fred!" Niles' visible eye twitched in annoyance.

"What do you mean trying to find him?" Four looked at Niles cautiously.

Niles sighed. "When Zero and I got to the afterlife, we couldn't find Fred anywhere. I wanted to make up for my past mistakes and volunteered myself to go find him." He looked coldly at the sorceress, who was busy with the book ready to start the summoning process.

"Until she appeared. I don't know how, but I got latched to her. If I had to guess, it's that's crystal's fault."

"That...makes a lot of sense." Four admitted he looked down.

"Yeah, she's from our world so it makes sense." Niles shrugged off.

"What!?!" Four had practically yelled. He looked over at the sorceress.

"Yeah, if I remember correctly, she was Fred's main villain. The Bowser of our world."

"Does she not have a name?" Four raised an eyebrow.

Niles shook his head. "No, I don't think so. Fred nor Zero ever told me otherwise."

Four looked back at his own body. Niles looked up at it too.

"You know," Niles began. "What I find strange right now is that you don't look like your own body."

Huh?

"What?" Four felt around his face and sure enough. He could feel the familiar mustache he had for so many years back on his face.

A thought came back to Four when L was talking about when he was possessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I got to talk to the guy, albeit for a short time." L began. "He looked like what I do now, expect I'm pretty sure he had brown eyes instead of blue. And we already know about the accent. But I was still a Luigi re-color when I talked to him. So, I don't know what's up with that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A million questions flew into Four's mind. He really needed a distraction.

"So, uh, what do you know about this sorceress lady?"

Niles hummed and closed his eyes.

Then, he began to tell the story.

The story of Mage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A long time ago, in a faraway kingdom everything was peaceful.

Until one day, an evil sorceress took over the land. Casting her shadows over the kingdom and causing chaos and destruction.

A wander mage who went by many names rose up to defeat the evil sorceress.

He used his own magic purifying the corrupted souls around him.

When he came face to face with the sorceress, he challenged her to a duel.

The sorceress accepted, she never backed down from a fight.

The Mage had won the duel and sealed the sorceress away in a crystal where she could no longer hurt anyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, so that crystal." Four looked at the nightmare stone.

"No, that's not the same crystal, I think. Actually, I don't remember if she was trapped in a crystal. I could totally be misremembering what happened. All I know is that she was sealed away in something." Niles scratched his chin, trying to remember the exact story.

The crystal glowed and Four could see his friends fighting off the many past foes they had. Four smiled and let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness they were alright.

Mario's giant floating head was making his way here. The sorceress scowled at this. Her hands glowed purple, and suddenly a loud roar could be heard.

"Pepsi..." Four whispered out.

Niles snapped out of his thoughts. "What?" He said in confusion, not hearing what Four had just said.

The demon attacked Mario and Four could do nothing as he saw his friends fall to the ground.

The sorceress snapped her fingers and a Mario recolor brusted from the ground.

She turned to him. "Make sure you keep our guest at bay for a little longer."

The recolor gave a salute and walked out of the room.

Four didn't like where this was going.