Chapter 5: I don't want to go back to that!

:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Four woke up to the next day to the sound of someone screaming in panic.

'That's odd.' He thought to himself. 'Usually, Mario doesn't cause chaos this early.' The meme man got dressed and headed out the Rv to see what was causing the ruckus.

A young boy was running around in a frenzy, he noticed Smg4 and quickly ran up to him.

"It's you! Oh, thank goodness, we're saved." The boy had blonde hair with light purple eyes, he was wearing an outfit similar to Genio from 'Super Mario RPG.'

"Uh, what are you talking about?" Four tilted his head. Was he still dreaming?

"What!? Are you not the great hero who wears blue and white?" The boy asked.

"Well, I mean... You're not wrong." Four's confusion began to grow.

"Oh, great hero it's terrible." The boy said. Four held the urge to roll his eyes. "The princess has been captured!"

Four's attention perked up at that. "Peach!?"

The boy shook his head. "No, a different princess! She was captured by an evil sorceress and now the sorceress is corrupting the land."

The boy brought out a photo. Four's eyes widen in horror, in the picture was Blooperville, but a black sludge was covering the town.

"Well, shit." Four muttered out.

"You are the only one who can save your world! If the sorceress has her way, she'll reset the world to fit her needs."

Four felt a chill down his spine, dark thoughts entered his mind. 'What if this resets Three? What if he doesn't remember about us? What if he goes back to hating me? I can't let that happen!'

"Alright, I'll help save your princess." Four looked over to the young boy. "Do you have a hint where this evil sorceress could be?"

"I believe she took over an evil fortress. It's kind of castle shaped." The boy explained.

'Bowser's castle.' Four started to run off. "Kay! Thanks! Bye!"

The young boy watched the meme guardian run into the pipe to fast travel. Black tendrils appeared around the boy and pulled him into the ground.

Phase one was complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four hopped out of the pipe and noticed he had landed a little too far away from Bowser's. But the strange thing was there were enemies that were covered in shadows.

"Is this an affect of the reset?" Four asked himself. He narrowed his eyes. "Well, I guess I have no choice but to go through them."

He jumped and slid, taking out the brainwashed baddies. When finally made his way to the door, Four was out of breath and slightly bruised.

"Damn, I'm not really cut out for this." He huffed out. His anger took over, he slapped himself in the face. "C'mon Four! The world is counting on you!

Your friends are counting on you!

Three is counting on you!"

His self peptalk seemed to do the trick.

Four turned around and open the front door to Bowser's castle. Smg4 immediately froze in fear.

In the middle of the hallway, stood Princess Peach. She was also covered in shadows.

The corrupted princess stared before letting out an ear-piercing screech.

She grew three times in size and started to attack Four.

Four moved out of the way of her swipe. Was Peach the evil sorceress? Or was she another victim?

How was he going to get himself out of this one now?

Punches, throws, kicks, screams, and even biting at one point, from both parties.

Finally, Peach fell to the ground, turning back to her normal size, before poofing into thin air.

Four did it, right?

A bright light appeared, and it revel a young woman with yellow eyes, fluffy dark purple hair and wearing a lilac dress, similar in shape to Peache's dress.

"You saved me." She said, her voice was sweet as honey. "Thank you kindly, brave hero."

Four felt his face blush. It's not everyday someone besides his boyfriend complements him. "I-it's no big deal." He brushed off, he rubs the back of his neck.

The princess giggled. "Oh, you are so modest." Her face became more serious. "But it's not over yet. She still has something of mine. I believe she put it up the stairs and in that room." She pointed to the door the middle of the second floor.

"What is it?" Four asked.

"It's something that can help fix your friends from the sorceress's control." The princess explained.

Four nodded and headed to the room. He opens the door to see the nightmare stone.

"Uh..." Four turned around to see the princess was right behind him. How did she get up here so fast?

"Is- is t-that the th-thing s-she stole" Four nervously pointed to the nightmare stone.

The princess nodded "Yes, she stole it long ago. It is the dream crystal. It helps people's dreams come true."

Four looked back at the nigh- the dream crystal. Where they wrong about the crystal the whole time?

Four took in a deep breath and made his way to the crystal. He tried to pick it up, but the thing was heavy.

Little did he know, Four had given her everything she needed.

The floor glowed around him, and suddenly, Four was strapped onto a table. Four felt sleepy.

Phase two was complete. Now, finally, for phase three.