Chapter Eight

I have come to save you with the power of a new update!

Okay, now that that dramatic moment is over... I hope you enjoy chapter eight!

When I sit down at the table, I notice the trio staring at me. Hermione is frowning slightly. "What?" I ask and Ron immediately answers.

"Why were you talking to Malfoy?" He accuses and I accidentally snap back at him. "Because I felt like it! He really isn't that bad, and I can talk to whoever I want!" I say harshly and he cowers back. No one says anything for a minute, we all just sit in an awkward silence. I decide to be nice for once and apologize, go me.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you Ron, but really you guys shouldn't be worrying about this." I say calmly and Hermione offers a small smile.

"It's okay, just be careful, alright Nico?" She orders and I nod. After finishing our lunch, the four of us walk to potions. Oh gods, here goes nothing! The hallways are crowded with students all rushing to their next classes. After much shoving, dodging and being pushed around, we finally make it to the potions class room. Harry opens the door and holds it for us as we walk in. Harry and Ron sit together, and I am about to sit down with Hermione but another Gryffindor girl (I didn't bother to learn anyone's names yet, oops) is faster.

"Sorry." Hermione mouths to me and I shake my head, it's fine, I'll just find somewhere else to sit. I end up at a vacant pair of tables and I'm beginning to think that I will be alone for this class, well at least until Draco walks in.

He scans the room and when he sees the empty desk beside me, he smirks and strides towards me. I try to ignore all of the gaping students as he sits down next to me. Honestly, what is this school's deal? Why can't Gryffindors and Slytherins just get along? Draco isn't evil, he is actually a cool person!

"Hey." He says casually. "How's life?" I put on a really sweet, and really fake smile and say as enthusiastically as I can "It is just perfect! And how is your life Mr.Malfoy?" I ask and he snickers causing me to laugh quietly as well. Our joking around is interrupted when I hear the classroom door slam shut. None other than Severus Snape walks into the room. He scans the class until his eyes find mine and he speaks.

"Could I please talk with you, Mr. Di Angelo?" He drawls in his teacher voice and I frown. Does he even deserve the chance to explain his disappearance? I decide not to give in yet.

"What is it you need to talk to me about?" I ask and he sighs in a way that would seem angry, but I know that it is just a sigh of exasperation. It's the same sigh he uses when Percy doesn't understand something, which is pretty much all of the time.

"This is not to be discussed in class." He says sternly and grabs my arm, dragging me out of the room. As soon as the door closes I feel a pair of arms wrapped around me. I hug my brother back without hesitation and bury my head in his shoulder, trying to blink away the tears. When I pull away, I talk before he had the chance.

"Why didn't you tell me where you were? You could have at least sent an IM and let me know you where alive!" I shout and he flinches back.

"I'm so sorry." Is all he says as I embrace him again. A minute later, we walk back into the class and I wipe all emotion off of my face. I actually enjoy the class, although I am not fond of it being a double class. When I part ways with Draco and take my place at the Gryffindor table, I immediately engage in a conversation about the triwizard tournament.

"What did Snape talk to you about?" Asks Harry suddenly.

"Oh not much. He was explaining some things about classes. He also wants to see me after dinner tomorrow to see how much I know and what I need to catch up on." I explain, even though it's all fake I feel sincere saying it. The trio seem to buy it too. I guess I'm just a really good liar, I must be, after all I was able to keep my crush on Percy secret for quite a few years! After eating a delicious dinner, I say that I am going to walk around a bit and head for the library. I get there at seven o'clock sharp and Victor walks in less than a minute later.

"Hey!" I say happily and he grins.
"Hey. How are you?" He asks and I chuckle. I can tell that Victor is slightly socially awkward. He doesn't really know how to continue or start a conversation. I don't mind though, I've never been much of a social butterfly myself, you know... with being a son of Hades and all. For the next hour Victor and I talk and play wizard's chess in the library. He had to teach me how, and I still ended up losing every round but I don't mind. Luckily, I ended up making it back to the common room a few minutes before the curfew. Harry and Ron had already crashed and were sprawled out on their beds. I wish I could have taken pictures! I crawl in my own bed and slowly drift off to sleep. All I can think about is the fact that the names of the three champions are being drawn tomorrow. And being the paranoid demigod that I am, I can't help but think that things will go very wrong.