Chapter Nine

I have an uneasy feeling right now. The goblet is about to reveal the three champions, this is supposed to be an exciting time. But in all honesty I am nervous, my stomach is clenching and my palms have begun to sweat.

"The first champion, from Beauxbatons academy of magic is... Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore exclaims and a pretty blonde girl jumps up in excitement. Her friends all swarm her before she makes her way to the front of the hall and through an unfamiliar passage. I assume the other two champions will head there as well once they have been picked.

Once all of the commotion has died down, Dumbledore resumes. "The next champion, from Durmstrang institute is..." I Take this time to look at Victor, my friend. His shoulders are raised slightly and he gazes longingly at the goblet. I know Victor really  wants this. He never stops talking about it, and I can tell he would give almost anything to attempt this challenge and hold the winner's cup.

"Victor Krum!"

He stands there, in a daze as his fellow students cheer and yell, all surrounding him with encouragements and congratulations. He then grins, a real big grin and begins to walk past the long tables. He passes me along the way and quickly pulls me in for a hug, but not a sentimental one, I only do that with Will or Hazel. I pat him on the back and push him to keep walking saying "You can do this, man." As I do so. He gets to the front and throws his fist in the air confidently before walking into the next room.

"Lastly from our own Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry..." This is it. My heart is pounding again, I don't know what's coming but it can't be good! "Cedric Diggory!"

Wait. What? Where are the explosions, the angry monsters? I had a gut feeling, those are never wrong for a demigod! Cedric walks up to the front with a big smile on his face. He may be from Hufflepuff but I sense that he could possibly be a bigger threat than we think. I'll tell Victor to watch out for him. Is it wrong that I'm not even cheering for my own school? Oops, my bad. Suddenly I hear a whooshing sound and I look to see that another paper has been released from the goblet of fire. That was not supposed to happen... was it? All noise in the great hall seems to go out like a light, quickly and shockingly. I watch as Dumbledore grabs the slip of paper and reads the name of the first ever, fourth champion.

"Harry Potter."

Everyone looks in my direction, or rather, towards Harry who sits beside me. He looks at me for help, his eyes wide with disbelief and fear. I can only gesture for him to get up and walk the same path the other champions did. He gets out of his seat and walks into the "champion's room" with Madame Olympe Maxime, Igor Karkaroff, Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Sevy following close behind. The remaining students were left behind, with thoughts of anger, confusion and fear in their minds.

No one was clapping or cheering for Harry Potter.

Harry's POV

I collapse on my bed, breathing heavily. Why is it always me? Why do I have to be the "boy who lived"? Why was I picked for the tri-wizard tournament, and how did my name even get in there in the first place? I am not going to lie, I'm scared and I'm confused. I just talked to Ron, my best friend. I thought he trusted me, I thought he was the one person who would understand. But he didn't even bloody believe me! Ron and I came up here before curfew so we are alone right now. After laying on my stomach with my face buried in my pillow for a few minutes, I feel the weight of a person sitting beside me. I look up to see Nico sitting there with all of his glory and confidence. I never really know what to think of Nico. I mean I get that he goes to an American school which uses weapons and all of that. But he seems a bit off, like sometimes he seems to not understand or be surprised by little details in the magic world. He has the body of a fifteen year old like I am, but his eyes hold the secrets and memories of an old man. Nico walks with grace and dignity, like he can take on anything. He truly does resemble a dark angel, much like his last name di Angelo.

"I Believe you." Is all he says before slowly rising from my bed and giving me a half-hearted smile. He then strides over to his own bed and retires for the night. Nico di Angelo is a puzzle that I swear I will solve.