Chapter Twenty - End

The next few hours after Dumbledore's memorial to Cedric were long and painful. Everyone was in a somber mood. Even Draco wasn't being his usual self, in fact he hadn't done as much as sneer at Harry all day. And speaking of Harry, he looked worse than most. I can tell that he didn't get any sleep last night, I hadn't been able to either. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see Cedric smiling at me, and then entering the maze. As he left I would try to call out to him, to warn him... but then I would wake up again drenched in sweat. I sigh as I finish brushing my teeth and splash cold water on my face. Looking up into the mirror, my reflexion stares back at me, and for the first time I realize just how much I've changed since I came to Hogwarts. My hair looks healthier and shorter since I cut it around a month ago. My skin has finally returned to normal after my tartarus experience, of course I'm still pale, but at least it's not that sickly shade of green anymore. I've actually been eating decent meals at Hogwarts, the food is much too good to pass on. Now that I think about it, I can probably use the plates back at camp to conjure up some of the Hogwarts famous dishes. Maybe I'll even be able to get butterbear or firewhiskey. I smile at the thought of still having a little piece of Hogwarts with me when I leave. But unfortunately, I don't know if this is going to help me, or make me feel even more homesick when I leave.

I meet Harry and the others down in the great hall where breakfast has just appeared on the long tables. Today there is an especially wide variety of food, with me and the other two schools leaving. I look down the length of the table to see waffles, pancakes, crepes, baked oatmeal, and eggs and sausages and so much more. Even I can't help but lick my lips anxiously as I pile the food on my plate. By the time I've started eating, Ron has already tore through half his plate and is still shoveling spoonful after spoonful into his mouth. Hermione rolls her eyes and starts a conversation with Ginny, who is sitting beside her. I chuckle at the two's familiar routine and finish my food in silence. It isn't awkward though, I just spend the time looking around and enjoying the castle for what might sadly be the last time. After I finish eating I leave the table with Harry who offered to help me pack my things. I change out of my robes and into my trademark black skinny jeans and (definitely not trademark) dark red t-shirt with the words "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" which is obviously latin for "Don't tickle a sleeping dragon" written in gold. Dumbledore gave it to me just yesterday after the memorial. He had thought that since I would not be wearing my robes around camp, I might want something else to remember my time at Hogwarts.

My job was originally to learn more of Voldemort and his horcruxes so that father can take care of them easier. It is very possible that I will have to go on more quests to figure out what objects he used and where they are, but I doubt that I will ever be going back to Hogwarts. Plus I believe in the prophecy that was given to Harry. I believe that in the end, it is Harry who must defeat Voldemort.

I look up at said wizard who smiles in return. Together we finish putting all of my things (my robes, normal clothes, Christmas presents, etc) into my black backpack. Hecate put a spell on it so that the inside is much bigger than the outside, so that I can easily carry around all of my things. I strap my wand around my wrist and hang my sheathed sword on my belt like I always have done and we leave the common room together, laughing and talking. We speak of me leaving, and when I can use my floo powder to visit. And we talk about normal things too, like quidditch and what we will be doing over the summer. I realize that in many ways, wizards, demigods and even muggles are all very similar. We share the same emotions. We all feel love, sadness, joy, pain... when you think about it we have a lot more in common than most people will claim we do.

The entire school, plus the other two schools are all gathered outside, saying their goodbyes. Some people are hugging and shaking hands, others are crying, there are even those who aren't participating at all and are standing off to the side. I see Viktor kissing Hermione's hand and telling her to write to him. I smirk as she blushes and then Viktor spots me and walks over.