Chapter Fifteen

Reyna and I stride gracefully into the ballroom and I suppress a smirk when I see everyone staring at us. I feel like I'm in one of those cliché movies. I can see why Reyna is getting attention... No one has ever seen her before and she really does look beautiful. The silk that makes up her dress shines brilliantly and her dark hair is pulled back into a side braid, sort of like that ice girl in the new Disney movie Leo made me watch. I however do not know why everyone is staring at me. What is their deal? Is there something on my face? Pretty soon people start talking and laughing again and I find myself introducing Reyna to some of the other people who she had not met before. Eventually we end up in front of Draco Malfoy. 

"Hey Draco." I smirk and he smirks back at me. Reyna takes notice of this immediately and raises her eyebrows at us.

"Is this guy your twin, Nico? Or are you just smirk buddies?" She jokes sarcastically and I chuckle. I suddenly look at Draco thoughtfully.

"You know... That might not be a bad idea." I say and he grins before putting an arm over my shoulder and I put a fist up in the air.

"Smirk buddies!" We scream in unison and Reyna rolls her eyes but can't cover the smile on her face. It is so loud in the room that no one seems to notice except for a few people around us. They simply look at Draco and I weirdly before turning back to their friends.

"Please don't ever do that again." Reyna sighs and I pout. The three of us talk for a few more minutes before Draco excuses himself to go find his date. Not a minute after this, students start gathering around us, forming a huge circle in the middle of the room. Students are lined up on either sides of the main doors, creating a sort of aisle leading to the circle. Reyna and I end up in the front of the crowd. "What's happening?" Reyna whispers and I look at her, confused. "I have an idea... give me a minute." I explain and she nods. I start listening extra carefully to what others around us are saying and after hearing a few murmured comments I have confirmed what is happening.

"I'm pretty sure that the four champions and their dates are going to come through those doors and start the dance." I whisper to Reyna while pointing down the aisle. She nods in agreement and smiles at me. It makes sense why I haven't seen Viktor or Harry yet. They must be outside with Professor McGonagall. We wait for a few more minutes before the doors finally open. Just as I thought, the champions stride down the aisle with the rest of the students whispering excitedly.

The first to enter are Fleur and her date Roger Davies from Ravenclaw. She gives Reyna and I a small wave she passes us. Viktor and Hermione are next and Viktor and I fist bump quickly which makes Hermione giggle. She looks beautiful in her flowy pink dress. Her hair is done in a fancy up do. I realize that I am not the only one to have noticed. Ron is staring at her incredulously and a little furiously. Oohhhh someone's jealous. I think with a smirk. His loss. He should have asked her instead of trying to go for Fleur. After them is Cedric and Cho. I say nothing to Cedric. He may have apologized to Harry but he still called me "shadow freak" and he hasn't talked to me since. I assume he is still afraid of me, after all I did sort of put him in a choke hold. I don't really talk to Cho all I know is that Harry asked her and she wanted to go with him except Cedric had gotten to her first. That is another reason why I don't like him, he ruined Harry's chances with his crush. Harry and his date Parvati are last to enter. She is smiling and waving at people excitedly, obviously more than happy to be in the spotlight. Harry on the other hand, does not look so excited. He smiles at a few people but I can easily tell that he isn't glad to be where he is... or to be with who he is. Ron and him had only asked out the two sisters as a last resort and they both don't deserve it. Don't get me wrong, the two girls are pretty and kind they are just not Harry or Ron's type. Even I can see that. They make their way to the centre of the circle and get into position. The music is quick to start and the dance begins, Harry looks a little overwhelmed but he manages to keep up with the other champions just fine. Viktor and Hermione seem to be having the times of their lives, a do the others. About half way through the song Dumbledore and Minerva gesture for me to join in from across the room. Reyna notices this too and we step into the circle at the same time as the two professors. I hear a few gasps as I lift up and twirl Reyna expertly as she laughs in delight. Despite what most people think, Reyna is not tall. At the age of seventeen, she just barely reaches the height of 5'5. That is one of the many reasons Reyna is so serious all of the time. To people who haven't met her, she doesn't look intimidating at all so she has to work hard to get respect. Slowly others join the dance and eventually the entire population is swaying to the music or actually doing the correct dance. Even when the first song ends, a new one is started within seconds and everything seems to blur together like one long dance. Reyna is laughing as I spin her around for the hundredth time and I laugh with her. Everyone seems to be having a great time.