POLAR BEAR ARC CHAPTER 30

#WORD COUNT: 3131

Promoted to the ranks of homeowners, Qiao Qixi felt ecstatic. If nothing unexpected happened, he should have another twenty-something good years ahead of him. This stone house could become his and Odysseus' permanent property.

Every summer, they could stay here for a while.

As long as Odysseus didn't leave him, this house would be the joint property of the two bears.

Thinking about it, he realized that at a young age, he had already acquired real estate in the Arctic Circle.

Pretty cool, indeed.

Even cooler, the house had a sea view. Just step out and face the ocean. The scenery should be fantastic in the summer.

However, Qiao Qixi had some doubts. Was his sense of direction as accurate as Odysseus'? To be honest, he couldn't even remember the route back to the North Pole. He vaguely recalled stopping at five islands, or was it six?

"..."

Suddenly, he realized that he couldn't do anything properly, and couldn't help feeling a bit ashamed.

But he didn't dwell on self-reflection for too long. He quickly regained confidence and ran towards the seaside. At least when it came to catching fish, he was quite good at it.

Arctic falcons were notorious for their ambush attacks. They often snatched food from other animals' mouths, such as the fish in the hands of polar bears, the mice in the mouths of Arctic foxes, and even the prey that wolves were eyeing.

With his strong presence, Odysseus was rarely targeted by the falcons. After all, it wasn't wise to provoke a powerful male polar bear. A slight mistake and the falcon would lose all its feathers.

But Qiao Qixi, small in size and with a weaker presence, was different. The only prey he had ever killed weighed only a few pounds, and he had no trace of a killing aura. It was expected that a falcon would target the fish in his mouth.

The small polar bear, completely focused on fishing in the sea, didn't sense the approaching danger. Holding his breath, he lifted a fish out of the water with his mouth.

His sharp incisors had already pierced through the fish's body, and the taste of blood touched his tongue. But he intended to give this fish to Odysseus.

In the blink of an eye, a falcon shot out from the darkness like an arrow, swiftly passing by the little bear's eyes.

"Ah!" Qiao Qixi felt a sharp pain on his nose and back.

The cry of the little bear, startled and frightened, echoed on the sea surface, immediately alerting Odysseus nearby. He quickly rushed over in concern.The yelling of Qiao Qixi was not entirely due to pain but mainly because he was frightened. After all, he was already scared of this eerie and gloomy environment, so it was natural for him to scream when something unknown suddenly appeared. When he regained his senses, he realized that the fish in his mouth had been snatched away.

"???"

In other words, the thing that had just ambushed him was not some supernatural ghost but a bird attempting to steal food.

Qiao Qixi inexplicably breathed a sigh of relief. No ghosts, that's good.

However! In the next moment, he was furious, infuriated!

His cheeks puffed up with anger. "Ao ao ao!"

You B*stard!\

Did you hear that?!

Qiao Qixi shouted in the direction the culprit flew away, venting his frustration in bear language, angrily cursing the culprit's ancestors for eighteen generations!