POLAR BEAR ARC CHAPTER 32

#WORD COUNT: 3381 

Odysseus had an astonishing possessiveness towards the little bear. Even though he hadn't slept enough and still felt a lingering warmth where Qiao Qixi had been, he opened his eyes and got up, following Qiao Qixi's scent to find him.

At that moment, Qiao Qixi was outside teasing the cameras. To make the data look less non-mainstream, he felt he should display the genuine curiosity of a wild polar bear.

So he raised his front paws and scratched the head of the fake stone a few times, showing an energetic but short-lived interest.

Just then, Odysseus arrived. Qiao Qixi felt a bit nervous because he had heard that polar bears enjoyed rubbing against cameras.

Fortunately, Odysseus only glanced at the fake stone and didn't find anything out of the ordinary about this unremarkable rock. His attention quickly shifted to Qiao Qixi, who approached and rubbed against him, as if reprimanding him for venturing out alone.

"...!" Qiao Qixi didn't know whether to trust his own instinctive translation, but for now, he chose to believe it.

Of course, Odysseus's reprimand wasn't genuine. It would be more accurate to describe it as a mild scolding. When Qiao Qixi returned the rub, Odysseus was quickly appeased.

In his mind, Odysseus found a reason for the little bear's departure: hunger.

Odysseus was decisive. After exchanging rubs with the little bear, he turned and headed for the seashore, while the camera silently recorded the scene.

Thanks to the high favor of the two polar bears, the little fake stone avoided a catastrophe and could continue its work peacefully.

As the little polar bear walked slowly, observing its camouflaged surroundings, it speculated on who the camera was working for.

Would their daily lives be edited into a BBC production, or would it be featured on CCTV's Animal World program?

Personally, the little bear hoped for CCTV. It would be a sense of achievement if the dream came true. Just imagine, six months ago, it was a loyal viewer of Animal World, and now it had become a member being documented in the show.

The thought was exhilarating.

Since the day the camera started following them, Qiao Qixi made a conscious effort to transform himself into a normal little bear. At the very least, he wanted to provide the country with authentic, unadulterated data.

He refrained from engaging in behaviors that showed too much human influence, such as crossing his legs, rolling his eyes, imitating "Yellow" (referring to a popular animated character), intentionally farting in front of Odysseus, intentionally sticking his paw into Odysseus's mouth... and pulling Odysseus's tail.

As the little polar bear counted these behaviors, he became curious about why Odysseus hadn't thrown him away yet.

Was he waiting for the right moment?

These restrictions were not difficult at all. It simply meant returning to the time when Qiao Qixi had just started living with Odysseus. The little bear still knew how to be polite.

After a hard day of hunting, Qiao Qixi and Odysseus were resting at their doorstep. Odysseus looked at the little bear, who was sitting upright and gazing at the sea, and suddenly stopped licking his paws. He then lay down, exposing his belly to the night sky.

As Odysseus rubbed his back, he glanced at the little bear, who seemed lost in thought. But the little bear purposely avoided making eye contact, forcing Odysseus to emit a low sound from his throat.