- Prologue -

Today was the day we announced our sponsorship with Red Bull's infamous and demon driving, Max Verstappen. He's a hometown legend, hero, whatever you want to call him. He's done great things and he's only going to do more which is why we've decided to be the first Royal Family to sponsor an F1 racer.

What might have convinced my father, The King, to become a sponsor easily was his love for sports and cars. So mixing the two was amazing to him. You can imagine how much he loves F1. We go to the Spa race every year as well as the Monaco, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain races. We'll occasionally go to others but we reserve spots every year for those.

We spent all day getting ready for this dinner that we're hosting for Red Bull in one of our state rooms here at the palace. The entire Red Bull team, my family, press and many more will be attending to hear the news as well as what's going to be up and coming this new season. Bahrain, the first race, is in 2 weeks so the festivities and mayhem in F1 has started.

"You look stunning." My mother said behind me as I looked in the mirror to take one last final look. Since it was at the palace it was a more formal dinner. I wore an emerald green long sleeve wrapped dress with black heels matched with simple gold jewelry. I wore my hair in a low bun and had some soft glam makeup. Nothing to crazy, it wasn't like a black tie event.

 Nothing to crazy, it wasn't like a black tie event

"Thank you mama." I said as I hugged her. She kissed my cheek and let me know we had 10 minutes to head downstairs and start greeting everyone that was coming. The press had already set up their equipment. I let her know I'd be down in just a minute after I grabbed my phone and clutch. I didn't have many notifications. Being apart of the royal family you get told everything, well mostly everything. The only notifications I really had were from some friends of mine sending posts on Instagram and a few texts from them. I put my phone in my clutch after locking it and then head down stairs. Being in the palace meant getting to wherever I need to go was going to take much longer. This place is huge. 2nd biggest next to Buckingham Palace.

Once I arrived into the room where all the guests were I greeted them one by one with a handshake. I talked with guests like the CEO of Red Bull, engineers, even Sergio Perez, Max's teammate. But there was no Max. Odd. The man we're sponsoring isn't even here. Or Atleast I think. I eventually bumped into Christian Horner, the team principal for Red Bull.

"I heard your brother is a huge racer? Maybe one day he will be apart of red Bull." Christian said as he sipped some of his whiskey.

"Oh absolutely. He'd love to be in any F1 car really. He's amazing at it, I did it for a little bit but being the heir, I have more duties so unfortunately I'll never get to be in a car one day but would love to see him shred the track one day!" I replied excitedly while looking over at Lucas, my eleven year old brother. He was currently in karting, getting looked at for F1 driving academies. Ferrari has really been looking at him but this kind of sounded like Christian was considering him. We chatted for a few more minutes before I excused myself to talk to more guests. That's when I spotted Max. He looked rather, charming. I've never been attracted to him nor ever had a quick thought of him being cute, plus he had a girlfriend for 4 years until recently but seeing him in a tuxedo did it for me. He was talking to someone I was unsure until he looked over and caught me. I started to walk over to him and as I did, he bowed. Even though it was mandatory for others to do it for us, I hated it but I let it go.

"The man of the hour. How are you?" I asked with a big smile. God he looked amazing.

"I'm doing well thank you. Bit of traffic on the way here but we got here in time luckily. How are you, you are absolutely...stunning." He said while guiding his eyes up back to mine. The look he gave me as soon as his met mine, I was almost weak to my knees. I didn't fall but I wish I did just so he could catch me. His cologne and fresh shaven look did not help.

"Oh thank you, you're too kind. You as well though, you're looking fantastic." I said confidently, trying to hide my nervousness.

"I've got to go, but we will talk more!" I told him. He nodded and smiled and I left to go to the table I was sitting at with my family. I was sat in front of Max, I saw the name plate on the napkin. I wasn't too mad about that. Who could be mad about a fine gentlemen sitting in front of you. Once everyone was seated and settled, it was time for everyone to speak. It would go my father and then Christian Horner and then Max and Sergio will be taking questions and speaking their part at the end.

*later that day*

The dinner took a total of 2 hours, not to long compared to other events I've been too. That was an easy one. It got quite exciting at the end when Christian asked Lucas and my father about brining Lucas onto the Red Bull F1 Academy team. Of course they accepted it and it was a thank you gift for all of this. The dinner. Sponsorship, etc. my brother is beyond excited.

The dinner ended a few hours ago and it's just about midnight, I'm getting ready for bed and preparing for tomorrow. "Bonne nuit ma chérie." My mom said as she peeked through my bedroom door. I turned around while using a makeup wipe to get off my makeup before showering.

"Bonne nuit mama." I replied. After that I hopped into the shower that was made and waiting for me and continued on with my nightly routine. It was nice and relaxing to just have the hot water hitting me and listening to some music I had put on. I couldn't stop thinking about Max those. How tall he was compared to me, his accent, the way his cologne smelt, everything about him. I think I was starting to like him. I don't know, I barely know him personally.

I finished up my shower, dried off and put my pajama on before grabbing my phone and getting into bed. I decided to open Instagram. I'm not much of a poster but I still use it. I clicked through some of my friends stories as well as the stuff they sent me through dms. Then I saw Max had posted a story. We have always followed eachother without interacting.

I liked his story and slid up to reply with, "of course! You're welcome anytime! Cannot wait for this season of races!"

Within seconds he read it, liked and replied with,

"My god you are the most gorgeous woman I've ever laid eyes on." I sat there in shock. Not so much shock but like woah, what? I screenshotted it cause that's just how I am plus Instagram doesn't tell them.

*message unsent*

See that's what I screenshot everything!

"I'm so sorry that's not how I should be messaging the Princess of Belgium. I apologize profusely." He sent back after deleting the last.

"No no don't worry. Im still a normal person even though im royal. You're quite handsome yourself, thank you." I typed back quickly, unsure of how he's going to react. He just liked it and left it at that. Im kinda disappointed. I shouldn't let it get to me though.