- 15 -

Sophie's POV

Max, my family and I arrived back in Belgium late last night after being in Monaco for this weekends Grand Prix. It was amazing! Max took pole of course but we had a ton of fun doing some activities around the city and at the race. He also got all of his things into our penthouse after moving out of his that he used to share with Kelly.

"So there's no races for the next two weeks which means you're pretty free but you do have a royal wedding to attend next week, you were aware of this correct?" My mom informed me. We were in the car driving home from an event that had to do with Women's Health in the EU. We attended to give a talk and to pass awards out to women who've done some sort of contribution.

"Yeah it's in Jordan right?" I confirmed with her. She nodded, "Yeah, you have a plus one so I just told your assistant to put down Max. Is that okay?"

"Yeah! I'll check if he's free but I'm pretty sure I gave him a heads up." I told her. "Oh good. It was going to be your father and I going but we have things to do for Lucas and your dad has some doctor appointments." She explained. We started to pull up to our Brussels palace and we could spot paparazzi in the trees and bushes trying to get a shot of us. People are always around the gates of the palace, even before Max and I started to date.

"Oh man let's hope he doesn't fall." I laughed and pointing out the man with a huge camera sitting on a branch. "Actually, that'd be funny." I added causing my mom and our guards to laugh.

"Your majesty." The driver said as he put the car in park. "Thank you. Now Sophie, let me know your choices of dresses you might want to wear or get altered for the wedding. Remember it has to be extra modest. More modest than you're used to." She reminded me. I just nodded as she walked out of the car with her guards and went into the palace.

After the door closed behind my mom, I stopped walking and turned to one of my guards, Bruce.

"Where is she?" I asked. "I'll take you to her." He said with a nod. I smirked and began to follow the 4 guards including Bruce.

We walked in the same door as my mom and then walking to the other side of the palace. My heels bouncing off each of the dark walls filled with paintings of my ancestors from ages ago.

We eventually got to a set of stairs, "this way." Bruce said, extending his arm out and letting me walk down to a secret cellar of ours in front of them. They followed behind me, one staying by the door.

As I got to the end of the stairs that's when I saw her. The cellar wasn't very dark or dirty but it definitely wasn't the greatest place to stay, it hadn't been refurnished for about 15-20 years.

She wasn't facing me, instead she was sitting on a chair by the table with her back turned to me. Still in the outfit that I saw her in. I made sure not to be to harsh and have snacks and water stored in the fridge and mini pantry. Plus there was a bathroom and bed.

"Hi Kelly." I said while holding my hands behind my back and with an evil smirk.

She whipped her head around with pure fear in her eyes. She immediately stood up, putting her right hand on the chair she was sitting in. "H-hi Sophie-" she stuttered out before I interrupted. I told a few quick steps towards her, intimidating her and saying "Princess Sophie...To you." I corrected her while staring directly into her eyes, hands still behind my back.

"What's all of this about?!" She shouted in my face. "Now you're not scared? Don't play stupid Kelly. We all know what this is about. Now do you want to confess since you won't abide by my Fathers orders?"

"Oh get fucked." She said while rolling her eyes, I could tell she was trying to be the intimidating one but it wasn't working.

"Don't act to tough honey, you might not get released from here if you keep it up." I said with a wink. "Now would you like to tell the truth?" I added, I tilted my head slightly to the right while still maintaining deep eye contact with her. She stood there silently but swallowing hard. "I got all night love."

She swallowed hard one more time before saying, "Im not pregnant. Never was." She confessed finally.

"See? Was that hard?" I sarcastically asked. "Now are you just jealous Max got a real life princess- actually doesn't even matter. All I needed to hear was about that fake pregnancy." I said. "You're excused." That was my code word for my guards to escort her to the car outside and take her back home. My hands were still behind my back and I made a secret gesture to Bruce behind me that meant to hand me one of the swords kept down here without her noticing.

I took a step back as I grabbed it from him and Kelly, who was sweating bullets at this point, nodded with a look of fear in her eyes and started to walk off but before she got to the door I whipped the sword in front of me, letting the sharp edged tip just barely poke her, not enough to even make a mark but enough for her to know what it was.

"But try me again and you won't get let off so easy." I said before bringing the sword to my shoulder. She turned around and I stood there with the most evil smirk she's ever come across and then darted to the door where the guard waiting for her was.

"You're something else kid." Bruce told me as I handed him the sword back. "She tested my limits. What do you expect? Don't come for my relationship or you'll never have another one. She's lucky." I explained before walking to the stairs and walking back upstairs to the main floor of the Palace.

"Oh hi baby." I said, running into Max who must have just gotten into Belgium. We leave to go to The Netherlands and be with his family for 2 days so he's staying here for the night.

"Hi my love, how are you?" He asked while giving me a quick kiss and walking with me to my room. "I'm doing absolutely amazing how are you?" I asked him while wrapping my arm around him.

"Absolutely amazing? Why's that?" He asked curiously, like he knew something. I gave him a quick wink with a smirk as we kept walking.

"What did you do?" He asked. "Nothing! I'm just happy you're here! Want to have some dinner?" I asked trying to change the subject. "Sure, shower first and then dinner?" He suggested.

"Sounds good to me!"

——-

This was an intense chapter so I want to say I have nothing against Kelly, I actually love her 😂

Hope you guys enjoy this!!!