- 25 -

Just a little reminder that I'll give every now and then that this story is completely fictional, doesn't align with the F1 schedule completely and I have absolutely nothing against any F1 wags, drivers or their families!! Also that all pictures I add are just a reference and may not depict what's actually described to a T. Enjoy :))

——

Max's POV

It was the third and final day of Sophie's military academy tour and the day of the air show. I decided to tell her I couldn't make it but instead her family, mine and myself are going to be in an undisclosed area far off the property to watch her fly. We got access to her radio as well to hear her. It's almost weird since this is what she does with me when I'm racing.

"I think they're setting up over there. It's been so long since she's done this. I'm nervous for her." Her father said, catching up to us with his security and a cane.

"I would have never guessed she was a fighter jet pilot." My father said to him. "Yeah, it's not known information and probably will never be." He replied.

"Bonjour." We heard Sophie speak through the radio. She continued on speaking in French to her commanders and telling them about the checks she has to do.

"Prêt pour le décollage." [ready for take off in french] we heard a man say through the radio.

"There she goes!" Lucas said excitedly while pointing towards her. She started to taxi on the runway and before we knew it, the engines of the jet roared and she took off.

She lifted off in the air faster than I've ever driven and made a hard, sharp right turn before completely flying vertically, with her right wing facing the ground. Flying completely vertically.

"Holy shit. I could never." My mom said with a surprising tone and shocked look on her face.

We noticed she started to fly in our direction and as soon as her father noticed he said "plug your ears."

She started to lower down, closer to the ground and I started to jump up and down, waving my arms in the air while also filming and screaming. Cheering her on. Then she flew right above us. I'd say about 300 feet above us which is still extremely close.

"Told you." Her father laughed, "she saw us. That's why she did that."

She flew back around before landing back on the runway and taxing her jet back into the hanger.

"My ears hurt from that." Lucas said causing us to all laugh.

"Would you ever do that Lucas?" Victoria, my sister, asked him. He shook his head, "I want to stick to racing." "Good answer."my father laughed while giving him a pat on the back.

We all got back into the SUV's and headed back to Brussels Palace which was close by, where we'd all pack up and then leave to the Netherlands, my second home race. On the drive there Sophie had texted me saying "what a nice surprise. I hope you guys liked mine ;)" I let her know we loved it and were very impressed and jokingly told her she blew our eardrums out. She sent back the laughing emojis.

We decided to go to the Netherlands earlier so we could bring all of the drivers in and talk to them about the wedding and what's to come. Then we will sit down with the Red Bull team and Christian to speak about the future I have with them.

"Do you know if Sophie has told the girls about the bridal party?" I asked her mother as I leaned forward to get closer. "I believe so. You can mention it to the guys just in case but she was suppose to give details to them by the time she got here so they were aware of sending in their dress and shoe sizes." Her mother informed me.