- 26 -

Sophie's POV

"How much longer?" I leaned over and whispered to Bruce as a presenter was in the stage. Yesterday I was in Spain, today I'm in the Netherlands, doing a royal appearance with their King and other organizations.

"In a rush to see Max?" He whispered back. I looked over at him, slightly nodding. He leaned over to ask one of my PR people.

"25 minutes." He replied quietly. I nodded and faced forward, trying to pay attention to what was being said but getting impatient.

Today I'll get to see Max for a few hours and then have to hop on a plane to France for a quick  wedding dress meeting in the morning. I'm not sure if I'll make it back here in time for the race but I'm going to try my best.

Time went by slowly but surely and as soon as it was over I rushed to say my goodbyes and thank you'd and then hurried to the SUV that would take my team and I to the helipad and then to Zaandvoort.

"Man you're quick in dress and heels." My chauffeur said. "I have become a pro at it." I laughed as I took out my phone to update my family and friends.

It was about a 20 minute drive before we arrived at the helipad. There were photographers at the gate but not to many thankfully. These trips have had me try to hide my ring as much as possible since the news hasn't broke but it gets harder day by day since I started to forget I can't show it off.

"Ready?" Bruce asked loudly hanging out of the helicopter after helping with the luggage. I nodded and walked very quickly, covering my left hand with my clutch and immediately sitting down and buckling up.

It wasn't a very quiet ride to Zaandvoort but not much was spoken about. We are all so tired from the constant traveling I have had to do.

"Oh great, we won't miss qualifying." I said, looking down at my phone and checking the time.

We landed about 5 minutes away from the track so we hopped into another SUV and drove over.

"Lots of orange." Bruce said. "Yeah, all for Max obviously." I softly laughed as we passed through hundreds of fans at the gates.

"Thank you." I said to the chauffeur as I hopped out and quickly walked to the paddock, grabbing a headset as I entered and walking up the stairs to the balcony where all of my family and Max's were.

"Oh there she is!" My mother shouted, pointing her finger at me as she stood up at the table they were all sitting together at.

"Hello. Hello. So nice to see you again." I said to everyone. Max's grandparents and other extended family were there in support.

"How was everything my dear?" His grandmother as I sat down.

"Great! Lots of business and royal talk. Started to get impatient when we were cutting short on time but I made it!" I explained.

"Just in time indeed. They're starting in about 10 minutes. Max is down there if you want to go say hello." My father stated. I nodded, got up and brushed my dress a bit and headed down.

"Hi handsome." I said softly when I found Max and as I poked his shoulder.

"Oh my favorite girl made it!" He said, putting his arms around my waist and giving me a quick kiss. "Doing alright? I'm glad you made it before quali."

"Yes! Very happy we got here a bit early. I'll have to leave around 6pm for Paris though but I'm going to try my best to make it back in time in the morning." I explained. "Schat, don't push it. You've been traveling so much you need some rest. Don't stress if you can't make it. I love you." He gave another quick kiss before he was called over to get into his car.