- 24 -

Max's POV

"Alright. Let's move you guys over to this staircase." The family photographer said as we followed behind. This morning we decided to take the official engagement pictures before Sophie jets off to do her royal duties.

"This is a perfect spot." She added. "Now let's have you Max hug her from behind as you sit on this step and Sophie, place your hands on top of his on your lap and make sure the ring is showing."

"Like this?" Sophie asked, the photographer nodded and took a few photos at different angles.

"Can you tell Max hates professional photos?" My mom said off to the side to her mom. "I mean, he seems to be very good at taking them. They both look lovely." Her mom replied as they both laughed. My dad and her dad were inside with Lucas, probably talking about race things and what's to come.

They told them the news early this morning and are completely heartbroken. They love her father just as much as I do and my dad has become very close with him.

"Alright now I will be at the top of the steps and I want you guys to walk hand in hand, towards the garden waterfall. If that makes sense." She instructed. "That one?" I clarified, she nodded.

"This is awkward." I whispered to Sophie with a laugh. "Yeah but you better get used to it. Much more to come since I'll be queen fairly soon." She said, looking at me with a soft smile.

We quickly finished up the shoot and head back inside with my mom and hers.

"I can't wait to see these. I honestly can't wait for everything." Victoria said. "Did you guys let my mother know about dresses and everything for you guys?" Sophie asked. They all confirmed their things were sorted off.

Having to plan a massive wedding in 3 months sounds impossible but they've gotten so much done in a matter of 24 hours. I'm quite impressed.

As our parents found each other, her and I went upstairs to change our clothes and so she could grab her luggage for her trips.

"Wanna know a secret about me having gone to the military academy?" She asked me from her closet.

"Of course schat." I yelled out to her from her bedroom. I had quickly changed and then laid down, just scrolling instagram and seeing tons of stuff about her and I.

I heard her rustle through some stuff and then walked towards me. "Max." She said, getting my attention.

"What is-wait. No way." I said widening my eyes and grabbing the one piece, army green suit she was holding up.

"You were a pilot?" I asked with a surprised tone.

"Crazy right? I've had to keep it a secret. They don't want me to be a known target if any war or conflict were to break out. Since I've finished I've been more of an on call. That might explain why I look at world news more than I should." She said with a smirk.

"You just keep surprising me and proving to be more of a badass than me!" I exclaimed. She nodded and gave a huge laugh.

"I get to fly the jet I was assigned on the last day of the visit. You should come. They're doing an air show but they're gonna hide that I'm flying one." She suggested, "I'm gonna try my absolute best. If I can't make it, I will need videos." I told her before grabbing her face with my hands and giving her a big kiss. She really is the wild child but in a bad ass way.

"I think I'm all set though. Everything is packed for the academy, Spain, the Netherlands." She said out loud, overlooking her luggage and double checking.

"Are you able to stay in the Netherlands after your appearances? The next race is Zandvoort, just a few days after you're finished." I asked her, looking over at her as she concentrated.