CHAPTER THREE☆

GIANNA ROBERTS

The elevator dinged loudly in the large reception hall.

Gianna Roberts stepped out with two men behind her. One of them, her personal assistant, and the other was her company's manager, Joshua Ainsworth-her best friend.

"......as a result, we lost a likely investor." Her personal assistant finished his brief as he followed her towards the exit.

"How can he be so incompetent?" She complained before bumping into a lady she presumed to be a staff. "Geez!"

"Sorry, boss." The whole cup of coffee she held wasted on her boss' white suit.

"That's fine." Gianna handed her bag to the personal assistant and gently tried to take off the stain.

"I'm so badly sorry, mam...."

"I said it's fine." She took out a small amount of tissue from her bag. "Return to your department. Coffee time is almost over."

"You use the convenience. We will wait right here for you." Joshua told her, but she refused.

"I have to be there on time, Josh. I can't keep my mother waiting in that good for nothing cementary." Then she threw the wasted tissue into a trashcan besides the exit. "Fire the marketer." She told Joshua the moment she stepped out outside the building.

"Miss Bristol." Bennett wanted to plead.

"It was an easy proposal, Bennett." She replied. "The flowers?" She stopped before the BMW. The guard gave her the bouquet, and she took a deep inhale of the beautiful flowers.

"Gianna."

Gianna turned to face her best friend with a raised brow.

"There's absolutely no need to fire anyone. There are a lot of marketers in the company. I will send a few of them to Taylor's Enterprise."

"Do whatever you want. But I need successful feedback in two weeks, or they are all fired."

"Fine." Joshua nodded and watched her leave in her car. Gianna- his best friend for four years.

Gianna waited patiently in the car, watching the sky turn grey gradually. It would rain, and she hated it when it rained. She would find herself back to that day she found her mother dead on the floor. She had been so skinny with all her hair gone. All those years, she had a wig on, and Gianna thought they were natural.

Gianna played with her fingers while she bit on her bottom lip, trying to control the forming tears from an outbreak.

Ireland was beautiful and calm, but she missed home, missed mom, and missed a lot. The car sojourned through the lonely streets until the driver stopped before an iron gate.

The side window slid down, and she took the ink from the guard in uniform and signed on the book.

The window slid up again, and she felt guilt. It had been six months, half a year since she saw her mother. What a terrific daughter! A filial child indeed.

The car stopped in the field, and she walked through several aisles until she stood before the white cemented grave of her mother.