CHAPTER SIXTEEN☆

SAYA KHALID

"Uht kubrā!"

Saya heard Saeed call her through her door. He was banging hard on it very severely. But she was kneeling by the door so helplessly.

Omar Ali-Khalid had locked her inside ever since he caught them with his unwrapped parcel. She would rather wish to be tortured by the devil than her father! He was her only family besides Saeed. She loved him.

She heard the clattering of keys and finally the door was opened. "Uht kubrā." He bent a little to hold her shoulders. "I stole the keys." He paused as if looking over his shoulder in fear. "But it doesn't matter now."

Something was wrong. She could sense it in Saeed's voice and, of course, the tension. Someone was speaking rudely in their sittingroom. Something strange was happening again. Who was it? Why does the voice sound so familiar?

"There's someone." He shook his head. "People, rather. With guns. They look dangerous and very threatening....."

She gripped his forearm. Her nails almost digging into his arm. "Dad?" She gasped.

His tears fell on her arm, and then she realised he was crying his eyes away. "He is kneeling before him."

Why? That's the only question that came to her mind. Why would her father do this to himself. "Who?"

"You will be very disappointed." He gulped and wiped his teras away with grief. "The Caleb we met at the grasslands is actually a Mafia Don. He is here right now..." he sniffed, wipping his nose. "..he is going to do something terrible to dad if he doesn't pay up his loans."

"I'm not here for your shit, man! I've put up with your dramas for a long time as six months."

"Where to?" Saeed caught her wrist just the moment she made to turn. "We have no time. We have to escape now."

"No, Saeed!" Her eyes were fiery. "I can't watch this happen. He's still my father, and I love him." Finding her stick, she started making her way to the lounge when she heard her father scream out in pain.

"What would my loan company do without people like you whobpays with their blood? I wonder." Caleb. It was him. Why? "The next one will go straight through your heart, and I'm going to take them out of you and feed to my dogs. At least it's worth my five million pounds."

"No, please." Saya screamed. He heart couldn't take the terrible things this guy plans to do with her father. She can't afford to lose him. Her hands shook as she quivered in fright, and she fell to the floor." Please, I beg you. Please don't hurt my father. I will do anything. Please."

He went silent, noticing the girl on the floor. Her pale white skin, grey pretty eyes. She was the one.

He turned, tutting as he walked towards Omar, and dipped his finger into his wound to get his screming in pain. "You never told me you had a daughter, Omar?" He chuckled and turned his head swiftly towards her.

Her eyes were red and wet. "Don't worry, my little princess. I won't hurt him, but I shall take you with me." He snapped his fingers at the boys, and she struggled in refusal as they pulled her to her feet. "as compensation for my loss."

He didn't know how and why, but his heart felt constricted whenever he saw her. One thing he knew was that it was love at first sight for him. "Whenever you decide to pay Omar, you can have your daughter." He smiled coyly, patting Omar cheeks.

The moment saya was thrusted into the car, she found Saeed at the windscreen. But soon he was gone because Caleb was back sitting beside her in the car and massaging his neck.

She could sense him, his physical aura, everything spoke of his presence. "You are evil, a rotting devil!" She choked, wipping her tears from her face, and wrapped her arms around her legs.

He chuckled. "I was never an angel."

"I'm stupid to think you were." She sniffed. "You wouldn't have saved and let me give gratitude to a beast. You would have let me die when all I want is to leave this cruel world!" She reached for the door handle, but it wasn't budging.

She was screaming, the tears never stopped, and neither did her heart stop racing in that manner he knew best. She was growing hysterical. Before he could do anything to help, she fell unconscious in his arms.

It didn't take long, they reached the warehouse. The guards outside stared in surprise when they found him with a woman. "Get Bryan!" He ordered and made his way up the stairs to the room very close to his.

He gently placed her on the bed, and Bryan, a six feet auburn haired guy, rushed in. "What's wrong, Caleb?" He had a scar on his left cheek, the one he got from a fight with Caleb eight years ago.

"She had a panic attack."

Bryan scanned his face. He was scared. Then he looked back at the girl on the bed. Leaning close to her, he observed her. "Her breathing is fine. She will get better. She just needs enough oxygen as she can get for her lungs." He glanced at Caleb and reached for the windows to unlock all of them.

"I can see you brought in a girl, eh?"

Caleb glared at him and threw a shawl at him. It was hers. "Take care of her. She is blind. I have business." He lifted his phone and answered the incoming call before leaving.

Bryan was still standing and staring at the girl on the bed with wonder when she coughed and opened her eyes. But she didn't move. He could only hear her sniffs and moans and knew she was crying. She was looking at no one in particular, and she stared blankly. She couldn't see. Caleb wasn't lying when he confessed that to him. She was blind.

"Hi." He said, and she shook. He sat beside her on the bed and touched his hand on her forehead. "Im Bryan. A friend to him, I mean Caleb. I work with him in his mafia, and I'm also a doctor here." How do you feel? You had a panic attack."

Mafia? She huffed. He didn't surprise her when he was the devil himself.

"What do you want from me?" Saya moved away. She didn't want to be in the same proximity with a stranger.

"You know, this is so unlike Caleb. I'm just wondering. He has never brought a lady as a captive before. But it turned out she is a true beauty." He tsked.

She can't stay here. Not in a mafia hideout. Not with people who dealt with guns, war, drugs, and all illegal deals. He can kill her if her father doesn't pay up, which she was sure he won't.

She wanted to beg Bryan. He seemed like the good guy, but she couldn't take any chances with him. She can't trust anyone not in her state of health.

¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤
Hey, how are you all doing?
How do you see Caleb's true form. I will be so excited if I can get comments on this chapter. In line comments, too. Please vote, comment, and share. Guess who is coming next?
Stay hydrated💦