CHAPTER TEN☆

The night was gone when Saya returned home with Saeed. The cold autumn wind blew against her face while she fought her shawl to place until she was inside the house.

Thankfully, her father was not home yet. She let herself fall to the ground while Saeed unpacked her belongings back to place in her room. He was out sooner than she thought. "Goodnight, Saya."

He lost his parents at a young age, but she was like a mother to him, and he would never forget how she was the only relative who cared for him.

"Uncle will be home soon. You should go to bed now before he finds you here."

Uncontrollable tears washed her face when she heard his retreating steps towards his room.

Why?

She winced, trying to get up towards her room. Her legs ached her terribly due to the long hours waiting up that cliff.

Worst, she didn't give her a call. Nothing at all. She told her nothing. Left her standing there like helpless, stranded wanderer.

Her father would not be back until midnight, and he would return to work early at dawn, leaving some notes on the table. He cared less about her.

She found her bed with her stick. The bed was soft and comforting her tired and aching bones.

Sleep didn't come like she expected.

Her mind wandered. Maybe Indiana would call later to tell her why she didn't make it. Her excuse could be something reasonable.

But what if she didn't call? What if she was gone. What if she truly left her behind?

"No." She shook her head. Indiana couldn't make it today, but that doesn't mean she won't tomorrow. "I trust you, Indi. I trust you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isabella wrapped the shawl around her shoulders tightly as she stood by the window, the cold wind forming steam on the glass windows of her room.

The house felt lonely and quiet. It's quite quiet like it had never been before. She missed the snores from Indiana's room. It felt homely, but now it doesn't. She exchanged her home for just a freaking million pounds.

She had married Roy Evans when Indiana was still a kid. She was the sweetest baby ever. With blue eyes that reminded her of her hometown. The poor child had lost her mother the moment she took her first breath. It was the saddest story in town.

There were rumours of rumours about her being cursed to kill her mother at that young age. Indiana's mother was a beautiful journalist with blue eyes and beautiful chin dimples. She carried a woven hat and her favourite dark shade glasses, a pen, and a notepad wherever she went. She had been very friendly and honest. A kind everyone will miss.

Isabella had almost believed the rumours when she married Roy and lost her baby. Despite the pain and hatred she felt towards Indiana, she never stopped defending her before those gossiping lunatics who murmured names at her for the death of her mother.

Indiana had been only five when it all happened. She was playing with her blocks, and suddenly, she burst out crying. Her screams were so loud that she almost panicked and rushed down the stairs only to trip over the steps and crashed to the floor, bleeding almost to death, and there was no one home to save her. She lost her baby forever and lost her uterus.

It was all her fault. If she wasn't so demanding at that age, she wouldn't have lost the child that had grown within her for six months. She lost her everything.

She would never forgive her, never.

Isabella felt her cheeks hot from tears and wipped them away. "I will never let you close to my heart again. Be rest assured."