CHAPTER EIGHTEEN☆

INDIANA EVANS

China?

Thankfully, she would have enough time to think.

She dumped her clothes on the bed from her suitcase. She found her phone. She almost forgot it was there.

But it was blank and broken. Isabella's doings. She grimaced.

There would be connection with the world for a wgile until she gets a new one. She had left without the company without a word. Even her letter was currently useless. She wondered about Saya and her feelings to her disappearance. There was no way she could reach her. Omar Ali-Khalid was the last person she would contact. He didn't like her for many reasons she didn't know.

She picked up her resignation letter and squashed it into a ball, then discarded it into the bin.

Indiana had been so glad when she heard of his business trip to China from David the day before. But today, she was sad and scared when she didn't see any sign of his return this morning.

Despite the fact that Isabella runs a nightclub, she never lets her sleep alone.

She had woken up frightened at midnight from a nightmare, and the house was screaming silence with the continuous hoots of an owl outside the window. She even wondered if the sounds she heard downstairs were imagined.

The whole house felt like a haunted mansion. Even the thunderbolt and the sound of the rain against the roof and windows were not helping.

She didn't want to sleep alone again tonight. She wished she could disappear away from Jayden Taylor's life and the whole world.

No one came in since the moment he left, not the maid she saw the other day, too. No one.

By the time she was done sticking her things into place. Careful to make full use of the space in the dressing cabinet. She took her purse and left the house.

As for her contractual husband, she heard he won't be returning until tomorrow at sunset. Resulting to another night of torture.

She stormed away out of the gate and boarded a cab. She had to meet Saya, make this right. She didn't care if he wanted her to stay within one mile from the house.

There was an SUV behind the taxi, and they've been on her tail since the moment she left. If she asked the driver for help, they could burst his brains. She knew he wasn't a normal person when she saw the loads of guns in his house.

She placed her sunglasses over her eyes and stepped out of the car. This was her hometown, and she would be easily recognised. To everyone, she must have run away or whatever Isabella had told them to look innocent. It didn't matter to her.

The SUV was parked at a distance just behind the Hall's Orange tree.

She shook her head and moved towards the house. It looked like no one was home. There used to be a key in the flower vase outside the house, but there was nothing there. She moved to a window where a small garden was, but she could see nothing.

Something wasn't right, and it worried her. She was usually home, except when she went for short walks down the street, but there was no sight of her nor Saeed.