Family Friend

It's finally that time of of year again. The first day of summer signalling the family and friends dinner.

The Chalamets always hosted a huge dinner party in June to commemorate the begging of warm weather and beach days.

Usually I'm exited to go. Thrilled even. Being invited to the party means I get to hang out with Timothèe. The two of us have been best friends since before either of us could walk. But things have been awkward recently. So awkward in fact that I was worried for tonight.

A week Earlier

" Timothèe there's no reason we can't share a straw!" I playfully shouted at him.

" There are a million reasons! The germs!" He said.

" Oh my god it's just a straw. So I guess we could never kiss because that's a violation of Timothees health code" I laugh jokingly.

" Well maybe I would let the rule slide for a kiss" he said a seriousness washing over his face.

" You, you would kiss me?" I stuttered.

" Yep" he said it so casually like it wasn't important. Like he wasn't my friend of decades saying he would kiss me.

" like make out with me sort of thing?" I clarify

" Yep. In a heartbeat" he said returning to his drink and staring at his phone.

" So why haven't you done it yet" I asked utterly shocked and amused. My life would be so much better if Timmy would just kiss me already.

' because I didn't think that's what you wanted" he said honestly still not laying the conversation much mind.

I'm sick of waiting. I marched over to his spot at the table and dragged his chair out far snouts for me to straddle his lap.

Carefully he put his drink down and looked me in my eyes as if 'you consent?'

Our lips were smashed together before either of us had a chance to think. His hands grabbed my waist as we made out and left hickeys on each others necks.

Present

We haven't really spoken to much since. Not beacuse we didn't like it. Beacuse we liked it too much. Our parents have no idea but I'm sure they would be thrilled to one day combine our families.

Everything would be different if we had been drunk, or if it had been awful and we could just laugh about it later but we were sober and it was great.

He hasn't texted me and I can't blame him because I haven't reached out either. I'm exitdted to see him tonight but I'm also terrified to sit beside him.

"Charlotte we're leaving now!" My moms voice echos from down the stairs.

It's now or never.

I'm tense in the car. I have no idea what to expect. Is he going to treat me like nothing happened or is he going to push me away.

" You okay sweetie you seem off" my mom said rubbing my knee lovingly.

" I'm all good" I say forcing a smile as I begin to see the Chalamets house in the distance. I could never tell my mom any of this. Hey mom, me and your best friends son made out and now it's awkward.

The driver came around and open the door for us. My mom and dad got out before I did. I was taking my time to say the least.

We only had to wait at the door for a few seconds before we were greeted my Mr. Chalamet.