[1] - Moving In

Muichiro Pov

Two years ago, that night, I was doing my job as an assassin. Once I got home after killing someone, I got a phone call from my boss. He said that I should move into a city where my next missions will take place. I told my older twin brother, Yuichiro who lives somewhere in another state.

I feel like he wouldn't like the fact that I'm farther away from him. Luckily, he just let me but of course with one condition, I need to call him every night. I sighed, thinking about it. Right now in the present, I'm looking for a place to live in this city I moved into two years ago. My previous home, I got kicked out for always forgetting to pay rent.

I saw many "room for rent" signs but when I get there, it's sadly taken already. It happened about 6 times now I think. I then stopped the moment I saw a "room for rent" sign in a small building. I just began to think about it knowing that I got rejected 6 times.

Welp, I guess I could try, really need a place to stay. I sighed.

I walk up to the door and rang the bell. A tall person with a black mowhawk, and a scar on his face. His eyes were pretty scary aswell.

"I'm kinda regretting my decision for a bit..." I mumbled quietly as I make a slight disgusting face.

"Uhh.. Hi? May I help you..?" The man asked.

"Uh.. Yea, you have a "room for rent" sign..." I said as I point at the banner.

"Oh! Yea, you wanna see the room first?" He asked, opening the door and stepping aside for me to go in.

"Yes please, thank you." I said softly and walked in. I then followed him to a door then he opened it.

"Oh! This is a nice place, I'll take it!" I said the moment I saw the room.

"Alright! Let me call the person who owns this place." He said as he takes out his phone, I looked at him confused.

"You don't own this place??" I asked confusingly.

"Well.. Yea... And the landlord said the room will be useless so he just decided to put it up for rent..." He said awkwardly, holding his phone.

"Wait- Wait, I'm gonna live with you and both pay for this rent..!?" I asked in shock.

"Well yea I guess..." He said as the phone starts ringing. I start to process things...

I'm gonna live with this creepy dude I barely know..!? But I can't leave knowing that it's difficult finding a place to stay...
I thought to myself and sighed.

I look back to the person seeing him talking to someone on the phone.

"Oh yea, you can talk to him." He said as he gave the phone to me. I took the phone and placed it beside my ear.

"Hello?" I said. "Hi, the name's Iguro Obanai. Your here for the room, am I correct?" The man on the phone asked.

"Yea, I'm Muichiro Tokito." I replied.

"Alright, you can take the room but gonna pay for the building's rent together with the other guy, okay?" He said, he sounded like he's in a hurry.

"Alright." I replied.

"Kay, bye- OBANAI! MITSURI IS WAITING FOR YOU FOR 30-" A female voice cutted him off then the call ended. Weird. I muttered.

"So, your Muichiro? I'm Genya, Genya Shinazugawa." The mowhawk guy introduced me to him and extends his hand.

"Uh, alright." I said and gave him back his phone.
"Well, see you later I guess." I said as I walk inside the room and shut the door.

Genya Pov

Rude, he shutted the door on me. I thought to myself as I furrowed my eyebrows. I then walk to my room and layed on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

"I wonder how's Nemi doing..." I said to myself. I then hear my phone ringing, I picked it up and answered right away.

"Hey Genya! We're both assigned to a mission together, meet me at *********. See you!!" My friend Zenitsu said. I then picked up my stuff and placed it in a bag.

Once I went out of my room, Muichiro was there infront of me going in the bathroom.

"Uhh.. You going somewhere?" He asked.

"Yea, why?" I replied.

"Nothing." He said then went inside the bathroom.

"Weirdo..." I muttered then walked away.

I arrived at the location, meeting Zenitsu.

"Hey Genya!!" He greeted me, holding a hand up high with that weird cheeky smile of his.

"Hi Zenitsu." I waved.

"So I'm guessing you know what this is about from the texts I sent you?" He asked.

"Yep, got the right materials aswell." I replied.

"Perfect..!" He said, grinning like a maniac.

Later midnight, I went home. The mission was long, but a success and now I want to sleep. I then slowly opened the door seeing Muichiro standing in the kitchen, looks like he's getting water.

"Huh? Mui-"

"GAHHH!!! THERE'S A STRANGER IN MY HOUSE!!!" Muichiro scremed, backing up and took a piece of bread. Holding it up high in the air.

"Hah??? Muichiro it's-"

"GET THE HELL AWAY!" He yelled, throwing peices of bread on me.

I then turned off the lights, annoyed.

"Eh..!? Oh it's you." He said in a more calm tone.

"Yea..." I said.

Then there was an awkward silence...

"Yea, I'm gonna go back to bed." He said walking off, I just looked at him weirdly.

He really is a weirdo...
I thought to myself.

Author's note: Kotetsu's adoption is next chapter:)