[6] - 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒕𝒔𝒖'𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

Narrator

It's the next day and the Shinazugawa Family are by the bus stop.

"Dad?" The boy called for his tall father.

"Yes Kotetsu?" Genya looks down at his son.

"Why aren't we in the car?" Kotetsu asked.

"Well, you will be taking a bus today" Genya replied.

"What's a bus?" He asked.

"Well a bus is like a car but bigger..." Genya replied.

The bus then stopped by and Genya whispered to his ear.

"Don't forget to apologize about yesterday, okay?" He said quietly and Kotetsu nodded.

Genya then signaled Kotetsu to go inside the bus, the young boy did as he said. As the school bus doors closed, it drove off with Kotetsu waving his parents by the windows.

"I hope that Kotetsu-San has a good day at school knowing about yesterday..." Muichiro said.

"Yea.. Hope so..." Genya said as he walks to the right direction.

"Eh? Genya-san? Why are you going there? Isn't the hospital this way?" Muichiro said in a confused tone, pointing to the left.

"Ah.. Uh I just need to pick something up..." Genya replied awkwardly.

"Oh alright... See you at home!" Muichiro then waved his husband goodbye and walked to the left. Genya just smiled back and continued walking.

------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the bus, Kotetsu was just standing there infront of students who are sitting down.

'Isn't that the kid who kicked a Kibitsuji??' A kid thought.

'Oh my! He must be scary...' Another child thought.

Kotetsu just stood there, getting dizzy because of reading the minds of the students. Kotetsu was about to faint but someone grabbed his hand. He looked down then up to see the girl from yesterday.

"Hi Kotetsu-kun!!" The girl said happily.

"Uhh.. Hi..?" Kotetsu replied nervously.

Wait.. What's her name again..? Kotetsu asked himself in thought.

"Hey Hey! You wanna sit beside me??" The girl said as she lighty shakes Kotetsu.

"Uhm.. Sure?" Kotetsu replied and the girl brought him to her seat.

As they sat down, the girl brought her bag and opened it. She then took out a lunch box and handed it to Kotetsu.

"This was supposed to be my after school snack, but I wanna give this to you as a thank you!!" The girl said as Kotetsu took hold of the container.

Kotetsu opened the container to see a slice of chocolate mousse cake.
"Woah!!" Kotetsu's eyes sparkle.

"Go on, eat it..!!" The girl told Kotetsu with a smile.

"Oh..! Thanks!!" Kotetsu said and happily eats the cake.

'Oh gosh.. It's big eyebrows...' Rui said in thought, he was in a seat on the opposite side.

Kotetsu quivered a bit then turned his head to the left, seeing Rui looking at the bus window.

Oh it's the boy... Kotetsu said in thought.

"Don't mind him Kotetsu-kun... He was being a jerk yesterday..." The girl said a Kotetsu turned back to her, finishing the cake.

"Uhm..." Kotetsu nervously speaks. He starts to feel anxious in starting a conversation knowing what happened yesterday.

"Ah! I guess you don't know who I am.. I'm Teruko!!" The girl happily introduces herself.

"Uhm... Kotetsu..." Kotetsu replied nervously.

"Hehe! I already know, and thanks for yesterday!!" Teruko said.

"Uhmm.. Your welcome..?" Kotetsu replied.

Silence filled between the two as Kotetsu just looks at her awkwardly, not knowing what to say next.

"Hey! How about you and me become friends!" Teruko suggests, extending her hand.

"Friend..?" Kotetsu thought for a while and shook her hand.

"Yay!!" Teruko jumped out of excitement and hugged him.
"We're gonna talk about lots of stuff Kotetsu-kun!!!" Teruko said happily.

I have a friend...
Kotetsu thought as his face brightens up and hugged the girl back. The two kids then starts giggling.

Rui Pov

Huh..? The big eye brows got a friend? I said in thought. *Scoffs* Friends are such a waste of time...

But I do wonder what it's like to have one...

Author: Hi guys! Sorry for the late update.. My classes has already started so the updates for this book and the others will be slower than usual. I'm really sorry about this, I'll try to update you guys with new chapters and books. The updates might take a few weeks or months but I really do appreciate your patience, Thank you^^

You guys can read some of my other books while waiting, once again I thank you for your patience (⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠)⁠つ⁠⊂⁠(⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠)

•This was written on 7/19/2023 and to be published at 7/21/2023 at GMT+8•