then there was 10 heroes

a/n (disclaimer if you read many ben 10 stories fanfiction and you read this chapter and feel like you read something like this, then it's probably because this first chapter is based on the first chapter of @SuperSodaPie ben 10 story, his fanfic was the reason I'm doing my own so this chapter is based on his first chapter of his fanfic but I did my best to change it to how I do it. so go check him out because he is a better story writer than I am.)

Somewhere in deep space, there were two ships that were engaging in combat with another. One large dark red ship and a small bright green ship.

In the large ship that was just attacked but the smaller one, there were two drones maintaining the ship while trying to keep up with the smaller ship. While they were doing that, behind them was their commander and one of the infamous monster in the galaxy

VILGAX

Drone 1: Hull damage 20 percent, but the system is still operational.

Vilgax: I have come too far to be denied. The Omnitrix shall be mine, and there is nor a being in the galaxy, no, the Universe that dares stand in my way.

But there was, but sadly it had to be a 10 year old boy named ben (y/n) tennyson

On earth

Meet Ben (y/n) tennyson. Family calls him Ben, friends call (y/n). Others call quirkless boy. That is because in his world, 80 percent of the population had a superpower called Quirk, while the other 20 percent does not, which sadly (y/n) is a part of which is because with quirks, people can become pro heroes that stops people who tries to use their quirks for evil deeds. Many people wanted to be a hero either for fame, money, or just because it was the right thing to do. But for (y/n), he wanted to be a hero because when he was a young boy, his dad took him to the city to see a marching band. There, his dad asked him if he was going to be a future hero not for fame but what is right, which was to be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned.

which (y/n) said yes.

But sadly tragedy struck

not only was (y/n) quirkless but his parents died. His parents were pro heroes, they weren't famous but they didn't care, they just wanted to help people that needed it. This led to (y/n) wanting to be a hero, whether it was for the action and attention or because he wanted to do the right thing, one thing for certain and that is his parents inspired him to be a hero as well. But then one day, his Grandpa Max showed up to his house one day and told him the sad news.

His parents had just died in the line of hero work. No one knows what or who killed them. All they know is that they just died with no explanations. It just happened. This obviously devastated (y/n) as now he knows that even if he did somehow become a hero, his parents will never get to see him make his promise. After that event, he now lives with his grandpa Max.

Right now we see (y/n) at school, in fact the last day of school before summer break. He was on his disk making a paper airplane. After he finished it, he had the bright idea of throwing it near the teacher, which hit the back of her head. When the teacher turned her eyes to see who threw it, (y/n) quickly headed behind his book.

Time skip

(y/n) was watching the clock as it ticked down to 3:00 o'clock and when it does, summer breaks started. (y/n) just kept staring at the clock hoping that it would have gone faster so school would be over.

(y/n): come on.... Come one. Why does it seem like time slows down whenever school is about to end.

After waiting for what seemed like eternity, the clock finally reached 3:00 o'clock meaning school was over and summer break had just started.