new favorite

It was the day after what had happened, after (y/n) had fought off Sam and his relentless onslaught against him. Barley gets a win with his life, but luckily gains a new alien out of it. One that wasn't trying to take control of him.

So you know, the usual.

Except not really, Selen's life was endangered. Someone he loved dearly, for the first time (y/n) felt like he couldn't do anything. For the first time he felt what it was like to be an actual hero. The feeling of hopelessness and that you might not be able to save the people you cared about. It was new to him, and he didn't like it. The adrenaline, the sound of his heart in his ear, the blood pumping through his heart. All of it, he hated it. It was all so new to him, but he felt like it was going to get old to him.

(y/n) sat upon the front door of the RV van, as he was surrendered by the gang, being Selen, Elira, Ina, and Ankoku. They talked to each other while Max and Ryou went out to get some ice cream for them. As they do that the gang talk about random things, (y/n) wasn't sure what though as he was getting lost in his own mind. Thinking about yesterday and the feelings he had during his fight with Sam.

Ina: So if you don't mind me asking, what happened inside the building while you were stuck inside of it?

She asked Selen, wanting to know if (y/n) was okay during his fight with Sam and hoping that Selen didn't see (y/n) transforming into an alien.

Selen: Well a lot actually, bootleg Electro straight up was trying to kill (y/n).

Elira: really?

She asked in a worried voice.

Selen: Well I think at least, I tried to find him but I couldn't.

Ankoku: probably because he was hiding away like a coward.

He said annoyingly, causing Elira to elbow him in the shoulder.

Selen: anyways, instead of finding (y/n), I found bootleg Electro fighting off the alien dude.

She referred to the Alien hero. Shocking both Elira and Ankoku.

Elira: Wait, the alien hero was there as well! What was he doing there?

She asked her sister, confused on how the alien hero was there in the first place.

Ankoku: why call him a hero? He is a menace to everyone.

He went to correct Elira, causing Selen to elbow him in the shoulder as well.

Selen: Anyways, like I was saying.

She said in annoyance at being interrupted.

Selen: the bootleg electro guy was fighting off the alien guy and seemed like he was actually going to kill him. So don't call me dumb here, but I had the bright idea of biting him in the knee.

She said like it was nothing, shocking everyone once again.

Elira: Selen! Why would you think that was a good idea to do that! You could have gotten hurt!

She screamed at her sister as her sisterly instinct kicked in.

Ankoku: yeah! Why would you risk your life for the alien vigilante! Remember what he did in Sorashime city!

He referred to when Mystoctopus fought against the shark villain and his rampage when (y/n) went berserk. Discomforting Ina.

Selen: Well maybe because he needed help, he was the one trying to fight the psychopath who wanted to kill a child!

She argued back, defending herself which Ina agreed on since she knows the whole truth behind the sorashime city incident, but this did not bother (y/n) since he was still in his own mind. Looking upon (y/n), Ina knew that (y/n) would just jump in and defend himself but he didn't like he was. Concerning Ina. so Ina decided maybe she would try to do (y/n)'s job.