CHAPTER 35: UNPLEASANT WORDS

HELENA'S ROOM

AFTER BREAKFAST

Helena let out a contented sigh as she sat on her bed, her hand gently rubbing her satisfied belly. The delicious breakfast had revitalized her, although she couldn't explain her increased appetite since entering her universe.

It became evident to her that her newfound hunger was somehow linked to the time she spent in the universe. However, she couldn't draw a definitive conclusion until she tested her theory during her next visit. But for now, she had something important to check.

"System... System."

DING

[HOW CAN I HELP YOU, HOST?]

"Ah, there you are. Why didn't you respond when I called in the universe?" Helena asked, her curiosity evident.

DING

[DUE TO THE SPECIAL NATURE OF THE SKILL, THE SYSTEM REQUIRES HOST'S PERMISSION TO ENTER THE HOST'S PERSONAL DIMENSION.]

"I see. So that's the reason. It means the system is unaware of everything I do in my universe. That's good," Helena concluded in her mind.

While the system was designed to assist her, she didn't want to blindly trust an unknown entity. Trusting it had never been an issue before because there was no alternative, but now that she had her private universe under her control, her hidden fears subsided.

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO GRANT THE SYSTEM ACCESS TO YOUR DIMENSION?]

[YES] [NO]

The system presented Helena with options. She pondered them for a moment before firmly stating, "NO... I will not grant access."

[???]

"Excuse me, your highness, but to whom are you speaking?" Nora, the princess's maid, asked politely, concerned after witnessing her talking to herself.

"No one, really. I'm just talking to myself. Please don't worry about it. If you see me doing so again, just ignore it," Helena commanded.

Helena knew that Nora would be around her for most of the day as her maid, so it was better to inform her now rather than let her grow suspicious.

"Yes, your highness," Nora replied, bowing her head in acceptance before resuming her previous tasks.

"System, display my stats."

DING

[NAME]: HELENA VON MERULA

[HP]: 1000 [STR]: 305 [QI ATTACK]: 200

[INTELLIGENCE]: 100 [UNIVERSAL QI]: 200/1000MY [CHARM]: 200 [LUCK]: 100

[DEFENSE]: 207 [STAMINA]: 503 [AGILITY]: 305

[Undistributed Universal Points]:

SKILLS:

[STEPS OF WIND GOD] LV MAX: ACTIVE/PASSIVE

[COSMIC CELESTIAL ART] LV 2

As Helena skimmed through her stats, she was surprised by the significant differences. Her strength, defense, stamina, and agility had all increased substantially. Before entering her universe, these stats had all been in the single digits, leaving her wondering how they had increased so rapidly.

She also noticed that her [COSMIC CELESTIAL ART] skill had leveled up.

[COSMIC CELESTIAL ART] LV 2

PROFICIENCY -15%

CONSUMES 2 STA PER SECOND WHEN ACTIVATED.

BASIC EFFECT: WHEN ACTIVATED, THE SKILL ABSORBS AND TRANSFORMS EXTERNAL ENERGIES INTO UNIVERSAL QI.

ADDITIONAL EFFECT [1]: PERMANENTLY INCREASES STR, DEF, STA, AND AGI STATS. THE INCREASE IS PROPORTIONAL TO THE HOST'S STRENGTH LIMIT. [SINCE THE HOST IS A GOD, THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THIS LIMIT]

ADDITIONAL EFFECT [2]: IMPROVES CONTROL AND ACCURACY IN MANIPULATING UNIVERSAL QI WITH SKILL LEVEL.

SPECIAL EFFECT: UPON SAYING THE COMMAND [ ], A PHYSICAL PORTAL CAN BE CREATED.

"WTF!... THIS SKILL IS SO F***ING BROKEN." Helena exclaimed. Nora's head snapped in Helena's direction upon hearing the outburst. While Nora didn't understand the expletive, she sensed it wasn't a pleasant word.

Observing Nora's reaction, Helena realized that Nora had heard her words. However, knowing that Nora wouldn't comprehend the meaning behind the word, she decided to feign ignorance.

"Hahaha... Just by activating this skill, my stats increase every second. It's unbelievable. Whew... I need to contain my excitement. I wonder how strong I'll become. With this skill, no one in the world could stand against me," Helena proclaimed, smirking as she clenched her fists, brimming with newfound confidence. Now she could finally set her plans in motion since arriving in this unfamiliar world.

"Now... I can begin—"

KNOCK KNOCK