Friends?

Chrysós POV
I sighed as I got up. I shouldn't have been so harsh. I walked back into the area of the Undertale alter. I walked onto the platform and have some of the potion from the basin. Immediately petals swirl around me completely obscuring my vision before it cleared and I was standing in the clearing. I looked around remembering that this is where I met the curious scientist. Though I'm pretty sure that he also doubles as an inventor. I opened a map before closing it again. I should look around in the forest, as I think he spends a lot of time here. Granted we've only spoken twice but we met here. I began to walk around the forest avoiding any groups of people I came across which were just guards who where all dog monsters. Heh, guard dogs. I continued walking around wishing I knew more about where Gaster frequented. Bah! Why did his fate cause so little code for him! I continued to look around until I reached a section of waterfall where I fell into the freezing cold water.

Fuck!  Why can't I swim!  The icy cold water froze my bones and I fought to stay afloat feeling lucky I left them in the doodle sphere as although the current is weak, it's still there.  I gasped as someone pulled me out of the water.  I gasped and panted nearly collapsing as I caught my breath before an all too familiar voice spoke "You realize that skeletons don't need air?"  I looked up and wasn't surprised when the source of Gaster's voice, was indeed Gaster.  I looked down as I properly sat down before spoke, "Sorry Gaster for being so harsh with my answer, it's just your fate... let's just say ignorance is bliss.  There is a possibility of you being saved but it's so far in the future I can't tell, but I'll help. Nothing can change it. And for the fate of monster kind is the story... a human child named Frisk will determine it. Genocide, freedom, some death or no mercy. Those are the four main routes it can take."  Gaster nodded before he motioned for a bench behind us.  I got up and sat on the bench bed Gaster spoke.

"You didn't need to apologize.  I know that there are probably things you know that no one else should know.  You said that you will likely one day create universes.  That tells me that you are likely very powerful, that tends to come with classified information from my experience as a royal scientist." I nodded understanding. "Well to make up for it do you wish to explore the very few AUs?" Gaster immediately lit up at the idea of exploring the two other alternative universes. With stars literally in his he happily replied "Oh yes please!" I laughed happily at Gaster's reaction "We'll have to get you properly ready. Can't run into another universe like that because I can guarantee there will be another Gaster." Gaster blinked before I spoke "Can you tell me what kind of theme or even preferred color palette. Don't worry practicality and pockets are built in. Because fun fact, my jacket is lined. Gaster nodded smiling before he spoke, "Hmmm... maybe a black and gray pallet for a..." Gaster paused in thought. Before I decided to ask a question to help."What's your favorite thing?" "My kids." I paused before I continued. "Well I can't work with theming with people as adorable as the two are, so what's your next favorite thing?" Nearly immediately Gaster replied "Science of course."

Okay. I pulled out my sketch pad and very quickly sketched a Gaster shaped base. I looked at Gaster as I realized I've seen him in different clothing but I have never seen him out of a turtleneck. He seems like a little bit of a minimalist but also likes the grandeur of the highlife. So simple yet striking. At that point a question came to mind. "Hey Gaster? I need to write something in my question journal real quick." Gaster blinked as I pulled out my question journal. I quickly wrote a question. 'Can I alter a preexisting living person's code?'  'You can as much as the sky is blue as a waterfall crystal.'  "Okay my idea might be stupid but cool if it works."  Gaster looked up curious before I elaborated.  "I just learned I can alter a living persons code, well more like add onto it.  I might add a value which is either one or zero that when the value is zero aka out of Undertale your cosmetic code changes and you gain the ability to portal and automatically gain the ability to teleport home.  When the value is one you look like you with all your normal powers.  So you don't have to stash a completely new outfit and deal with your face."

Gaster looked at me before he spoke.  "Chrysós, you realize that I have to 'deal with my face' my entire life."  I snorted as Gaster pointed out my accidental insult.  Gaster smiled before he nodded.  "Go for it.  Go crazy but don't make me look stupid."  I nodded happily and immediately got to work.  I didn't notice as Gaster looked over my shoulder as I began working.  I started off by refining the Gaster esc shaped base into one that seemed very close to Gaster shaped base but allowed my more childish art to bleed though giving him slightly too long of legs but not noticeably disproportionate so his figure would go from lanky to willowy.  Close though.  Gaster looked at his legs wondering if they where indeed too long as I blocked in the basic shapes.  I decided to cover his face with a black kitsune mask with gray markings and gave the mask semi elaborate semi simple golden and red bead string earrings that looked rather pretty.  Should the masks eyes emote?  Yes.  I than gave him a classic sleeveless turtleneck which I quickly partially covered in a black hoodie with an Einstein pin pinned on over his heart. I than gave him some form fitting black pants and black combat boots. Hmmm, there's practically no science. I removed the Einstein pin and added a hand sewn pocket before erasing it again. I eventually just added a black and slightly green backpack with decorative patches with different scientific equations and famous quotes from famous scientists. I than added pins to the hoodie being sarcastic sassy science pins.

I turned to Gaster before I spoke "This good?" "It looks good." I nodded before I warned Gaster, "This is going to very likely feel very weird, hurt a lot or you'll immediately pass out." Gaster laughed before I spoke "Can't hurt more than cutting these holes in my hand not realizing that what where supposed to be the undergrounds strongest painkillers took a couple more hours to take affect with skeletons. And can't feel weirder than the cocktail of drugs I was on after walking up in the hospital after getting these cracks." I laughed before I spoke "How weird did it feel?" "I couldn't feel my face and somehow the area where my organs would be if I where human felt mushy... don't ask me how that works, there is a reason why 'magic skeleton ☞︎🕆︎👍︎😐︎☜︎☼︎✡︎' is a scientifically acceptable answer to things." "What was that?" "Oh I naturally speak in a cypher font so when I was younger I had to learn another font to speak in so I use my natural font to act as a censer." I blinked as I vaguely remembered something about cypher fonts and natural fonts. "Doesn't that mean that it hurts to talk? I vaguely remember something like that." "More of a burning feeling that takes awhile to go away." "I know sign if that can help. I don't like my friends to be in pain." Gaster signed a single word <<Friends?>> "Yeah we are friends right?" Gaster smiled and nodded.