Out of the Norm

There was a  defining silence . Rimuru’s mind went blank for a moment unable to process what just happened. But quickly he got to his senses and activated<Thought Acceleration> to the maximum limit and started to argue with Ciel.

‘ Ciel what hell did you do that for. Didn’t I tell you that I don’t want any unnecessary trouble by gaining more attention , and now you go around telling people my magic power is infinite which is true but that’s not the point, now  you tell me why did you do that ’ shouted Rimuru panicking about what to do.

[ Master you said you wouldn’t want to get any attention without a valid reason ] said Ciel  without any concern. 

‘ oh so do tell me the valid reason you thought off ‘ Rimuru asked in a calm voice too calm if you ask me.

[ Master is a true dragon now which is a race that is in the top of the food chain also we know that Anos result will be abnormal so as his teacher master must have even extraordinary] said Ciel righteously.

Rimuru almost believed Ciel keyword almost,

‘ so the real reason ’ asked Rimuru

[ Tsk ] said Ciel realizing her master didn’t drop the matter at hand.

‘ now don’t tsk me Ciel tell me the real reason you made me the center of attention’  asked Rimuru again,

[I want master to look cool ] said Ciel dejectedly.

Rimuru sighs at this, even after all these years she still couldn’t understand Ciel’s dedication to make her look cool in various ways. The game where they served in maid outfits was also her idea.

At that time Rimuru agreed to it since Ciel used one of the many favors she owned from Rimuru  to make him agree. ‘Still how in the hell did wearing a maid outfit seen as being cool. ‘ wondered Rimuru.

‘ Fine I will let this slide for now ‘ said Rimuru dejectedly. She could already see Ciel doing a gut pose in the back of her mind.

Sighing again she braced herself for impending storm with this magic power results and deactivated her <Thought Acceleration>.

The silence was broken by a student questioning,

“ excuse me but what is that symbol say “

To this everyone looked at the owl who is also the judge answer but unfortunately that is a futile attempt as because ,

“ Error “ the owl said ,

The owl is a familiar that was not an option as it was only made to follow certain instructions as a AI would. Though it wouldn’t be any difference even if they contact the master of this owl.

[Tsk I miscalculated a little, it appears that this universe does not know this infinity sign]

Although Rimuru’s face didn’t change she is now dancing around internally due to two reasons. One being she didn’t get more unnecessary attention and last being able to see Ciel’s face of regret when all her plans she made was all blown away due to one miss calculation.

Seeing that they wouldn’t get an answer all the  people decided to hold back their curiosity. And Rimuru  went away letting the next person and last Anos to enter for his turn .

Anos POV

After Rimuru left I went near the crystal to start my exam.I touched the magic crystal. This is my first experience of having my magic power measured. I wonder what it will be?Perhaps it will exceed a hundred million? If that’s the case then the people of this age have severely dulled. With this, they should understand that I am the founder right since in the mythical era I was the one with the most magic power.

[0]

As the owl speaks a noise rings out and the crystal breaks into pieces.

“The measurements have finished. Please proceed to the aptitude tests.”

‘I think the crystal wasn’t the only one that was broken’ I thought dryly

POV end.

After the owl’s announcement the people began to head towards the next and last test for them to be enrolled in the demon king academy. The demon king aptitude test.

While everyone is going 3 people were staying and having various expressions , well mostly 2 since Misha  still  has no expression in her pretty face.

Anos looks like he was told that his whole life is lie , while Rimuru is trying hard not to laugh out loud.

After struggling for 4 minutes she couldn’t contained anymore and she laughed out loud while almost rolling over the ground. Anos snapped at this almost wanted to battle Rimuru to the death by summoning his sword but stopped after remembering that he couldn’t even scratch her.  Sighing he tried to calm down his mind and ignore Rimuru for his own mental health.

After Rimuru seems to calm down Anos turned to the owl that was still here and said,

“I know I’m the one saying it but I think 0 is impossible since that would mean I can’t use magic at all …”

“The measurements have finished. Please proceed to the aptitude test.” said owl without even missing a beat.

“*tsk* This useless familiar.” Grumbled  Anos.

“The familiar is just obeying orders.” Misha says to him.

“Well, I guess so.” Said Anos dejectedly . He then felt someone looking at him. He turned to the source and saw Misha starring at him.

“What’s wrong?” Inquired anos

“…….First time I’ve seen it……..” Misha said  astonish.

“What?”

“Where the magic power is so strong the crystal broke.”  Continued Misha.

“Oh” Rimuru looked at Misha intrigued. She internally thought ‘her demonic eyes are  very powerful for her to see that Anos magic power completely destroyed the crystal due to it’s destructive property ’

Anos also used his demon eyes on the broken crystal fragments. After analysing its structure  he found that it seems that  the crystal enlarges in response to the power of the person touching it. The volume that it has enlarged by is then measured and converted into a numerical value. He  exceeded its limit causing an intense magic reaction also due to the property of his magic power the crystal shattered.

“Though it is a convenient thing it’s not possible to use it to measure my power. “ Said Anos grumbling

“It’s not 0. The decision should have been immeasurable. But since that owl doesn’t care you are stuck as 0 “ said Rimuru chuckling.

 Misha nodded but said “But braking the crystal just with magic power is  Impossible.”

“Why?” asked Anos

“The magic crystal does not break.” Said Misha

“It broke.” Said Rimuru

Misha responded in an indifferent tone of voice.

“Anos and Rimuru are out of the norm “

“ hey why did I get involved into this “ complained Rimuru.