55: The sword Tournament

" Thank you for the gift Anos " Misha whispered shyly while looking at her new ring.

This ring has no gem but it had something much better. A tiny structure of Delsgade made from using <Iris>.

Anos made it to just show a demonstration on how creation magic is used but , who would have thought that she was enchanted by it to this degree.

" It's good that you like it misha" Anos said as he looked at the cat that came near him .

Unlike a normal cat this one's eyes held an intelligence it's species shouldn't posses.

" Greetings my lord " the cat bowed as it spoke in a rough voice.

" save the formalities Ivis tell me what did you find " Anos asked while secretly casting an isolation spell to insure their privacy.

" Regrettably not much my lord. As mistress Rimuru said Everything down to the simplest record has been changed. Everywhere your identity has been switched with Avos Dillheavia. "

" What a bother. Now I understand why those elders refused to believe my claim as the Demon king of Tyranny.

Sigh leaving that did you find out about anything unusual in Melheis Ivis " Anos asked, thinking to find a way to back off his claim in his spare time.

Although it would save a lot of trouble he really didn't need to have any evidence backing his claim for the throne.

" Yes sir , as you ordered I have investigated Melheis and I found two abnormalities " Ivis said making Anos a bit curious.

" Firstly, although Melheis is officially the head of the Unitarians the funds are flowed through unknown source. I investigated a bit and found that even Melheis doesn't know who this mysterious backer is .

And secondly Melheis for the fast few years seems to associate more with the noble families, especially the ones that are known for their dislike towards commoners. "

" Oh this is quite strange indeed , the person who is supposed to be a leading figure in an organization dedicated to get freedom meeting the same people who are supposed to be their nemeses what strange world this has become . " Anos said as he began to think about it.

' What kind of scheme are they planning ' he thought.

" Did he have anything to do about me being chosen to be a candidate for the tournament " Anos asked after a few minutes of contemplation.

" Directly no , but I have found some evidence that he is indirectly responsible for the selection . " Ivis said.

" I see, " Anos said with a sigh.

"My lord, if I may be bold, I suggest you not participate in the tournament so that whatever scheme they have will be useless. " Ivis said after hesitating for a while.

Anos chuckled dryly and said, " if it was before I may have forfeit, but you see my parents want me to win this tournament, so as a filial son how can I say no to their request. And besides what fun is there if you back down from a challenge before it even started. "

Ivis bowed and said , " your wish is my command my lord "

" Ok, try to find more about this tournament and Melheis. You are dismissed for now "

Ivis bowed deeper and then left the area while turning into a shadow.

As Anos saw that Ivis has finally left he turned to look at Misha who is also looking at him straight for the last few minutes.

" Is that The Missing Demon elder Avis Necron "she asked.

" hmm yes I made him do some espionage stuff for me " Anos said as he got up from the bench that both him and Misha were sitting for the last few minutes.