Chapter 3: Meeting Destiny

Scene One: Streets Of New York

Awe set in as Y/N slowly got closer to Peni, he still held his gaze up at the mech behind her. Even in the still darkness, its lit-up face showed a perpetual smile facing Y/N. It was so expressive, much more unique than other robot designs he had seen in movies, let alone one in real life. Observing the robot's color scheme much closer and at the webs that wrapped around the knocked-out runners, something dawned on Y/N, and he stepped back as he held his head.

"No way... you're... you're Spider-Man!? It's so cool to meet you! I-I won't tell anyone about your true identity... can I, um, get closer?"

Peni would smirk and pat his shoulder, walking back to her robot as she got on top with a single jump, leaning over on it as she faced him. She found his sheer amazement endearing.

"No, I'm not your Spider-Man, silly. I'm from a different dimension... and yeah, of course, you can come closer. I think SP//DR likes you already."

"Oh, I... wow, that's totally a not confusing reality to wrap my head around... but sure I'd love to meet the robot!"

Despite the sarcasm, he was so stunned at this revelation that he could do nothing but just stay silent. As Y/N approached SP//DR and Peni, both of them had their spider senses intensified once again like in school, but to Y/N, it was as simply the ringing noise filling his head again. Their gazes met, and in that fleeting moment, one side would figure out the truth. Peni's eyes widened with an uneasy look, and Y/N's simply stood there confused at the sudden change of pace of her expression. Peni backed off a little behind SP//DR and discreetly did something to warrant hiding it from Y/N. After a few minutes, she would emerge again, smiling as she touched and finalized something that was on her wrist, a futuristic-looking watch of silver and orange with buttons and other do-dads. Peni would turn 180 to SP//DR and pat it lovingly.

"Sorry SP//DR. I got to walk the streets with him for the moment and the people here probably won't understand your goodness at first glance. Go back home, for now, I'll come soon, alright?

With a saddened beep from SP//DR, they would embrace into a hug. Peni would get up onto her tippy-toes just to reach his dome and even place a kiss upon the glassy face. After feeling like their time together was enough, SP//DR would step away and look up, aiming its arm as it would launch out web shooting, suddenly being launched as he began to run up top the roofs and jump around unseen to the general mass. Peni watched proudly as she turned to Y/N with a grin.

"Well? Come on, let's get some pizza. I think I'm getting hungry. Never ate lunch ever in school before, and don't plan on doing so now. I know a place."

She waited for Y/N to catch up, slowly stepping until he jogged up next to her.

"Wait, uh, what about Jerry? And the other dude?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. Called the cops. They should clean it up in a second. That is also why we should probably hurry up so we don't get caught."

With energy unmatched, Peni would begin jogging through and out of the alley. Y/N, caught by surprise by such a change of pace, would also begin to jog. This simple commute would turn immediately into a race, the two kids dashing and ducking through people in the hectic rush of the city, breathing in sync with their steps and suddenly laughing, the moment bringing them simple joy in the competition. In the heart of Brooklyn, a buzz stirred in the air, an electric pulse that was almost palpable. It was an energy that had nothing to do with the vibrant street life, the chatter of locals, or the neon lights of the countless pizzerias that dotted the neighborhood, and it resonated within Y/N. The duo headed to a supposed renowned pizza place, or so Steve thought. Peni had told him that it was the best pizza in the city, an absolute must-try. Little did he know, this was just a cover story.