Chapter 13: The Food Chain

Scene 1: Serenity Park

As a calm clearing hangs heavy before the coming storm ravages, Y/N's solitude would be no more.

From the clearing ahead, figures pushed through bushes and foliage. Suspicion grew within Y/N as they split when at the fountain, approaching him from both sides. Instinctively, Y/N grabbed his mask from his back pocket, putting it on hastily as the two finally met again at Y/N'd side of the fountain, simply staring him down while he sat, petrified.

To the left, amidst the shadows that were cast by the trees, a figure clad in a full-black tactical suit stood still. Their tactical suit molded to their form, hugging every contour of their body. Strategic webbing and pouches adorn the suit, carrying an arsenal of gadgets and weaponry, each looking meticulously chosen for lethal efficiency. On their head, they wore a sleek tactical helmet with a black ballistic mask, a dull shine glinting ominously in the dim light with unknown intent. Their gloved hands which were adorned with a sleek carbon fiber texture went behind his back and slowly drew a blade. It was a machete, a long and mean one with serration at every inch, honed to perfection. From what little he could try to hear, nothing came. Their boots make no sound as they traverse even closer, silent as a ghost.

To his right, Y/N could say he saw the opposite of who the man in black was. If the tactical man was the sleek and clean embodiment of Death, then this one showed elements of Destruction, Devastation. In the dim light, a hulking figure emerges, concealed entirely within what looked like a suit in the form of a brown bear. The massive bulk of the suit exuded an aura of primal power and brute strength. Every movement was accompanied by the faint creaking of leather and the rustle of fur, adding an eerie undertone to their already imposing presence. The suit envelops the figure entirely, from head to toe, obscuring their identity and creating an unsettling air of mystery. But it was the eyes of the bear head that hold the most terror – two dark, empty voids that should have been lively and white now pierce through the very soul of anyone who dares to meet its gaze. The gaping maw of the head, with its sharp teeth, open wildly in a frozen state of rage, seems ready to snap shut with deadly ferocity. The suit's fur bristles, appearing to possess a life of its own, as if it were woven from the hides of the most fearsome bears in existence. Thick and coarse, massive paws extended from the suit's sleeves, large enough to engulf an entire human hand. They hang at their sides, appearing unnervingly life-like as if they could spring to life at any moment. As the figure moves, the suit seems to growl with every step, sending faint shivers down the spine of Y/N.

Y/N could only stand. He was alone. Outnumbered. He could only raise his arms and stand ready for what they might do.

"Who are you? What do you want!?"
Y/N yelled out. No response. The Black Op Agent simply looked down to its wrist and seemed to touch a few buttons on a sleek metal gauntlet, before looking back up. Finally, after what seemed to be elongated hours of wait, the Agent walked up, raising its machete beside it as it spoke. The vocal scrambling that distorted the Agent's voice sent shivers down Y/N's spine, while the Bear Man's hollow growls echoed with a savage intensity.

"Spider-Man. You have been assigned to die," was all the Agent spoke, their voice static and matter-of-factly.

"You thought you were clever, meddling in affairs above your comprehension? You're nothing but an insignificant pest, and because you wanted to be a hero and went to deliver a criminal to a police station in public, innocent officers will die. They will die protecting the man you locked up, but he will return to his place. You brought death to their doorstep, as does death stand in front of you now."