And it all fell into darkness, the moon abandoned the stars

Astrid and Snotlout were both there too. Staring at the strange girl.

She was beautiful.

Her eyes were a light lavender with red pupils. White wings and a tail -both tinged pink at their ends- sprouted forth from torn holes in her shirt and pants, old and worn from use. Sparkling white scales freckled her pale face like glittering stars. And frills like Toothless's were nestled in her hair.

She growled when she saw me, low and menacing. Her gums pulled back to reveal sharp fangs and her eyes watched me carefully.

Toothless backed off of the girl and she sprang forward, wings spread open. Toothless hit her with his talon and she fell backwards, snarling. He took a step forward, to stand in between us.

"You." She spat, eyes slivers. She seemed to forget about the others because when Astrid spoke up her head whipped around startled.

"Toothless! Who is that?"

"This is what he did earlier." I turned back to the stranger, "What have you been feeding my dragon?"

***

"What have you been feeding my dragon?" He demanded, convinced he wasn't acting like himself because I was feeding him some sort of herb.

My eyes looked to each of the humans in turn. The guy riding the nightmare had a large belt buckle and square jaw. His helmet had curling ram horns and his hair was short and almost black. He looked concerned but determined, ready to strike.

The girl had long blond hair that was braided, blue eyes and held out an ax in front of her. She knew she didn't need it but loved the feel of the handle and the power it gave her. She knew how to wield it and was also poised to attack.

Nyx's captor was the least impressive, though the power he seemed to wield made a shiver of fear go down my spine. He was small and skinny, his hair a mess of brown fluff. His face was twisted in confusion, worry and distrust. His fingers rubbed against each other on the sword he held, unlit. His face was the only one not illuminated by the moon's light. Making his expression mysterious and hard to read. His back was to the moon and his person stood in the shadow of a house.

"I didn't feed him anything but the truth." I finally spat, disgusted by the idea. I looked to Nyx, "Come with me, let's get out of here."

The nightfury whipped his tail around to me, spreading the fake fin. "I can't fly." He reminded me. "And I'm not coming with you."

"You are a Pet! You disgraceful unintelligent lizard! How could you do this to me?" I yelled, spitting any insult I could to hide my pain. My wings and tail fins were spread in exaggeration. Their eyes were on me, Their gaze watching me. I wanted to shrink back, to disappear. To fly away and never come back. They were too close.. They surrounded me though it didn't seem as if I could leap forward and fight off any of them, Nyx was standing between me and his owner. I need to knock some sense into that dragon, you can't just betray your sister for humans!

I shoved Toothless and everyone instantly gripped their weapons tighter or took a step forward. Even the dragons bared their teeth and spread their wings.

"Step away from my dragon." He spoke every word with venom. Slowly and harshly.

Feeling lost I obeyed, and stepped backwards, wings drooping to my side. A strike of dizziness hit me and I stumbled, falling and tumbling onto my back. I pulled myself into a sitting position, clutching my head. Growling when one of the riders approached me and they stopped in their tracks. My vision faded at the corners, darkening.

A large boy riding what appeared to be a gronkle landed, holding a stick.. a hollow stick. I reached up and sure enough yanked out a dart.

I cursed. And stood up stumbling again, a rider- possibly the same one -leaped to catch me. I spread out my wings, scaring them back. Eyes focusing and unfocusing. I leapt, trying to beat them into lifting off. I fell onto the ground with a crash. "Nyx.." I lifted out an arm to him. He just shuffled uncomfortably and watched. Vision fading to black.