Hosu Aftermath

Kyoka awoke to find she was in a hospital. She had fallen asleep in the ambulance. She wasn't hurt bad, but she still needed medical attention. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. She examined her arm to find bandages on it, a faint hint of red indicating she had stopped bleeding a while ago.

Izuku: "Awake?"

She whipped her head around to see Izuku leaning on the wall, helmet on a table next to him.

Kyoka: "Y-yeah."

Izuku: "After what you said to me after the USJ attack, you went on to pit yourself in danger. Kinda hypocritical, don't you think?"

Kyoka: "This was different."

Izuku: "Yes it was. I fought to protect my students and friend while doing my job as a hero. You went to protect your friend while doing something you weren't supposed to. A job that's illegal until you at the very least have your provisional license."

Kyoka: *Yelling* "Well what was I supposed to do differently?"

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "Nothing. You did exactly as a true hero would. You ran to the side of a friend, not knowing what you would face once there yet not showing fear."

He patted her shoulder before picking up the helmet and walking to the door.

Izuku: "We'll talk more later. I'll let someone know you're awake."

He then left the room. His phone began to ring as he walked down the hall. He looked at it to see Nezu was calling. Not wanting to keep the rodent waiting, he picked up.

Izuku: "Hey Nezu. Need any extra morphine while I'm here?"

Nezu: "Hello Midoriya, and while it would sooth the headache I have from the Young Iida, Hagakure, Jirou, and Todoroki's stunt with the Hero Killer, I do not wish a warrant for your arrest to exist."

Izuku: "Fair enough. What do you need?"

Nezu: "All I need is the confirmation of your students' health."

Izuku: "Okay. Monoma has a couple bruises from the bank robbery and Kaminari has a few scratches and his attack seemed to singe his hair a little. Jirou had bruises from the robbery and from her little scuffle with the hero killer, also from the encounter is the stab wound to her forearm."

Nezu: "And how is she?"

Izuku: "Awake. Pain medicine was still affecting her when she woke up. From what I was told she had to get stitches and her bandages were changed twice during her current stay."

Nezu: "So she's okay. Good."

Izuku: "Yeah. I have a question."

Nezu: "What is it Midoriya?"

Izuku: "How's the situation with Kaminari disintegrating several Nomu? I know a bunch of people are upset that we're allowing him to continue being a student."

Nezu: "I'm handling that as we speak. Please let the boy know he will not be in trouble."

Izuku: "Got it boss. Call me if you need me."

Nezu: "Will do. Have a nice day."

The call ended. Izuku put his phone away and kept walking to the lobby. As he was about to leave the hospital, he noticed someone familiar and walked over.

Izuku: "You're Gran Torino, right?"

The elderly hero turned his head to look at Izuku as he approached.

Gran Torino: "Yes. And by that thing hung at your hip I'd say you're Doctor Fate. Didn't think the helmet would choose someone so young."

Izuku: "Well it's not like Nabu had much of a choice. It was me or Klarion, a Lord of Chaos."

Gran Torino: "But why stay with you? Don't get me wrong I'm sure you're a good choice, but why?"

Izuku shrugged.

Izuku: "Nabu works in strange ways. Ways not even the helmet's wielders ever know."

Gran Torino: "I should get going. The Safety Commission wants an explanation."

Izuku: "Yeesh. Good luck with that. I remember the Commission yelling at me for even touching the helmet."

Gran Torino: "Yeah, they'll do that. Have nice day kid."

He waved as he walked out of the hospital. Izuku left too and went to his and his mother's apartment for the rest of the day.