Talk

Kyoka stood outside an apartment door. She reached into her pocket to get her phone, but noticed the bandages on her arm. They were clean and didn't have blood, but she was told they would protect the stitches so they wouldn't come undone. She looked to her phone and checked the only message she hadn't responded too, it was from Izuku.

The last time she saw him was when she woke up in the hospital. The way he spoke, she couldn't tell if he was angry at her or proud of her. The message was him telling they needed to talk and the address of the apartment in front of her. She put her phone away and knocked on the door. Moments after she knocked the door opened to reveal a short woman around her mother's age.

???: "Oh! You must be Jirou!"

Kyoka gave her a polite smile.

Kyoka: "Yeah, that's me."

The woman opened the door fully and stepped to.the side.

???: "Well don't just stand out there, come in!"

Kyoka walked inside.

???: "Take a seat at the table, Izuku will be out soon."

The woman walked over to the kitchen as Kyoka walked to the table. She looked around to notice pictures of the woman and what looked to be a younger Izuku. The woman walked over with come cups and a pot of tea.

Kyoka: "Are you Midoriya's mom?"

???: "Yes I am. Sorry about forgetting to introduce myself. I'm Inko Midoriya. Thank you for being Izuku's friend."

Kyoka looked confused.

Kyoka: "I know he didn't have many friends but I thought Bakugo was his friend?"

Inko sighed.

Inko: "Katsuki is more family to us than friend. They get along perfectly but Katsuki was his only friend. Due to Izuku being quirkless, Katsuki was the only kid their age that cared."

She let out a small chuckle.

Inko: "You should've seen them back in elementary school. Katsuki would show up all dirty and bruised with Izuku behind him. Me and his mom had to see that principal so many times we might as well have known him all our lives."

Kyoka: "Why?"

Inko: "As you know, Katsuki is thick headed and isn't afraid to get physical."

Kyoka nodded.

Kyoka: "Well the other kids started to bully Izuku. You can guess what Katsuki's reaction was."

Kyoka: "So Bakugo fought them off?"

Inko laughed.

Inko: "Oh god no! They beat him! The ones his and Izuku's age knew not to bother them. But let me tell you, even back then he didn't go down quietly. Eventually going after Izuku became too much of a hassle with the burns Katsuki would leave them with."

Kyoka: "Yeah I can imagine that."

Suddenly they heard a door close. Kyoka turned to face the hallway to see Izuku walking towards them.

Izuku: "Ah, nice to see you're okay Jirou."

Inko: "I have errands to run so I'll leave you two alone. Have fun!"

She got up from the table, grabbed her bag, and left the apartment. Izuku sat down and sipped the tea his mother had poured.

Izuku: "I see you met my mom."

Kyoka nodded.

Kyoka: "She's nice."

Izuku: "She told you about Kacchan?"

Kyoka: "Yep."

Izuku: "She tells everyone. All Might knows, Nezu knows, Aizawa knows. Half of the UA staff know."

Kyoka: "She just seems happy to have people over."

Izuku: "I know. It gets lonely here for her. Which is why I am trying to get All Might here more. They got along great and she needs more friends than Aunt Mitsuki."

Kyoka: "Just don't leave them alone."

Izuku looked at her confused.

Izuku: "What do you mean?"

Kyoka raised an eyebrow while sipping her tea. A second later Izuku's eyes widened.

Izuku: "They wouldn't."

She shrugged while still sipping her tea. She then put it down.

Kyoka: "You never know."

Izuku shook his head.

Izuku: "Moving on. I needed you here so we could talk."

Kyoka: "Yeah, that. If you're gonna yell at me about running off you don't need to, my parents already did enough of that."

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "No, not that. I wanted to say that I'm proud of you as both your teacher and friend. You ran head first into uncertain danger just because you thought Hagakure was in danger, which she was. While I would have rathered that you at least told Monoma where you were going, I can't blame you."

Kyoka: "They do say hindsight is twenty twenty."

Izuku: "Yeah. Anyway I wanted to ask something."

Kyoka: "What is it?"

He suddenly got nervous.

Izuku: "W-well I'm officially off duty for a m-month after your run in with Stain, s-so I was wondering if you just wanted to h-hang out."

She smiled.

Kyoka: "Sure, but we're going to my house."

Izuku: "O-okay! But I can't fly us."

Kyoka stood up.

Kyoka: "Wasn't planning on it. C'mon."

With that they left the apartment.