First Day Back

Izuku stood next to Aizawa at the front of the classroom, both were waiting for the rest of 1-A to arrive for the day. As they waited, Izuku decided to speak up.

Izuku: "Aizawa. Do you think it's anyone in this class?"

The tired hero sighed and shook his head.

Aizawa: "No, not with them all going through the USJ. What about you Midoriya?"

Izuku hummed in thought for a few moments.

Izuku: "I have to agree. We both know how terrible teenagers can be with their feelings. Hiding something like being a traitor would probably lead to a break down of some kind."

Aizawa grunted in agreement. As their conversation ended Izuku walked away, set a notebook down on his desk, and began to flip through it. Curious, Aizawa walked over and looked over the boy's shoulder to see strange writing. Some looked to be English, some Latin, and other pieces looked to be a language Aizawa couldn't understand. Along side these writings were diagrams, ritual circles, pentagrams.

Aizawa: "Is this, a book of magic?"

Izuku turned to look at him.

Izuku: "Yeah, it is. As you might know, there's plenty of different ways to use magic. Sometimes you can use incantations or a wand. Others the magic is hereditary. Magic can even be used through being cursed."

Aizawa: "Yeah, but why? You were chosen by the helmet, doesn't that mean you're already good at magic?"

Izuku shook his head.

Izuku: "No. I was chosen because I was the only option. Without the helmet, the most magic I'd be able to do is a card trick. Though, it has connected me to magic, which is why I'm studying. If I get good enough, ensure my skills are up to par, then Nabu may keep me as Doctor Fate."

Aizawa nodded.

Aizawa: "It'll also help in case you and the helmet are ever separated."

Izuku nodded as the door opened and the rest of the class began to walk in. Aizawa quickly made his way back to the front of the class and waited as patiently as he could for everyone to find their seats. After a couple minutes, the students were all in the room and in their seats.

Aizawa: "Welcome back. Now, I'm sure you all must be curious about what happened to your fellow classmates during their internships, especially a certain few, but those discussions will have to wait until later. As you first day back in school, we must see just how each of you have grown thanks to your internships. The rest will be explained at Ground Gamma. Grab your costumes and head there, me, Midoriya, and All Might will be waiting."

With that said he left the room with Izuku following close behind, helmet bouncing on his hip. They reached the concrete observation platform of Ground Gamma in just a few minutes, meeting up with All Might who was already there. The class came soon after and All Might began to speak.

All Might: "Welcome to today's lesson, The Emergency Rescue Race! You will be split into three groups of five and one of four! I will be in a random location in this large maze of pipes and concrete and sending out a distress signal for you to follow!"

Uraraka raised her hand.

All Might: "Yes Young Uraraka?"

Uraraka: "Um, if you're the one in there, why isn't Midoriya joining us in this?"

Izuku stepped forward.

Izuku: "Because I'm going to be an obstacle. To get to All Might, you either have to go around me, or lose me after I see you."

All Might: "With that said, line up and we can begin!"

---

For the next hour Izuku was flying above the training ground as Doctor Fate and pestering his classmates/students whenever he saw them. Now, he was eating lunch on the roof as he usually did. As he ate, he heard the door open and a set of footsteps walked towards him. He turned around to see it was Kyoka.

Kyoka: "Still being a loner? When are you gonna join us inside?"

Izuku shrugged as she sat next to him with her own food.

Izuku: "Maybe soon. You know what? Pass the written and practical final exams, and I'll join you."

Kyoka chuckled.

Kyoka: "Way to inspire me to do my best teach."

Izuku smiled and shrugged.

Izuku: "Just doing my job."

Nabu: 'Your job is to-'

Izuku: 'I will drop you off the roof.'

The spirit went quiet after that. Kyoka leaned forward into his view.

Kyoka: "Y'know, I wouldn't mind if you tutored or trained me for the exam."

Izuku: "Hm? Sure. Starting tomorrow, you're training with me."

Kyoka: "Hell yeah!"

The two of them laughed and went on with their day.